Search for content in message boards

Miles & Charity Goforth/TN

Miles & Charity Goforth/TN

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 11:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for family background on my g-g-g-grandmother Charity Bunch Farris Goforth, born about 1829 or 1830 in Virginia. Married 1st to Francis M. Farris in 1843. Had 4 children with him. Married 2nd to Miles Goforth in 1855 and had 8 more children.
I am in the process of trying to verify verbal family history, which has her as full blood Native American. She and Miles lived in or around McMinn County, Tennessee. No known date of death for her. I've recently received information that she's possibly the daughter of Paul and Nancy Bunch.

Re: Miles & Charity Goforth/TN

Posted: 3 Sep 2001 1:33AM GMT
This is what is in my Goforth book:
The William Goforth Family
It is not sure who this William Goforth descends from, but it is believed to be the son of Zachariah Goforth in the main Goforth line who had the sons: Absolom, Asa; Zachariah; William born 1800 to 1810; Haslip and Humphrey. However, the children do not match up with the census data.
Data on the William Goforth family was provided by Ralph A. Goforth, 4066 Homer Rd., Chattanooga, TN and Mrs. A.J. McCreary, 229 Alton Ave., Battle Creek, Michigan 49017.

First Generation
1. William Goforth born about 1805 (1850 census, TN) in North Carolina; died 1850 to 1860; married November 27, 1829 to Rosannah Harvell (or Harwell) born 1803; WITNESS: Nathan Righ and Burchett of Rutherford, NC. (From 1850 census of McMinn County, TN he had the following children all born in NC.)

Miles Goforth born 1836.
Drury Goforth born 1838; married November 28, 1841 or December 27, 1854 to Evaline Pugh; children: William Goforth born 1857; and Mary Goforth born 1859.
John Goforth born 1842
Nancy Goforth born 1844
Libby Goforth born 1844

11. Miles Goforth born 1836 in NC; married to a Charity (Last name unknown); born about 1840 in Virginia. (Children or persons living with them according to 1860 and 1870 McMinn County, TN census records all born in TN.)

Children:
Jasper Goforth born 1846; Questionable as a son since age.
Thomas M. Goforth born 1848; questionable as a son.
Joseph Goforth born 1850; questionable as a son since age.
Matilda Goforth born 1854
John goforth born 1856; 1870 census says born in GA
William Goforth born 1857
Drury Goforth born 1859
Miles Goforth born 1864
Paul Goforth born 1868
Hulda Goforth born 1869

Please email me at wldbratto@aol.com and let me know if there is anything else you would like to know and if I have it, I will send it to you.
Katherine

Posted: 26 Sep 2002 2:31PM GMT
Can you tell me if you are related to Thomas Levi Goforth? My e-mail is palmtrees@hpcisp.com,and let me know.If you are then I can maybe help you. Sandy

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2002 5:55PM GMT
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm always glad to hear from family researchers and potential Goforth relatives. I'll check my files and let you know whether I have a Thomas Levi.

alberta goforth (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2003 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: goforth East Tennessee
Miles Goforth is listed with Charity in Tn. one of the 8 children
listed is Paul Goforth. That is my Grandfather. if you can e-mail me at Fensitang@aol.com
I will go back into papers and help if you want.
i get lost on web. and may not be able to refind you.

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 2:48PM GMT
Is anyone still around who can provide information on Miles & Charity? Miles is my g-g-g-grandfather, and I'd like to add more to my tree.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions