Search for content in message boards

Gooch, my line

Gooch, my line

Eddie Josey (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 12:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 May 2002 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Josey, Gore, Gooch, West, Brown, Brumbeloe, Gillentine, Kelly, Hart, Thompson, Claiborne, Dudley, Burnley
Proved lineage
Eddie Mae Josey
Syvilla Parks Gore
Grace Leah Gooch, (1903-) Jeff Lee Gore Jr.
John H. Gooch, (1858-) Minnie Parks West
John Thomas Gooch, (1832-) Sarah Catherine Brown
John Gillentine Gooch, b. 1809, TN Louvina Brumbeloe
Thomas Gooch, b. ca1788, VA Lucinda Ann Gillentine

The following line is the line that I believe to be ours
I can prove this just as much as the rest of the researchers can prove theirs. Another researcher has placed her ancestor is the slot that I believe belongs to our Thomas Gooch. I have challenged and asked for proof. To date I have seen no proof . Until proved otherwise this is our lineage.

James Gooch and Elizabeth (Kelly) Gooch
William Gooch 1720 Hanover Co., VA md Keziah Ann (Hart) Gooch
Thomas Gooch md ?Dudley or Burnley?
Claiborne Gooch md Mildred Thompson (Thomas)
William Gooch md Ursula Claiborne
John Gooch, (b. 1620-1635 d. 1683/4) and first wife

James Gooch and Elizabeth (Kelly) Gooch is also our line!

David Wayne Gooch (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 7:10PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Gooch, Kelly
Mr. Eddie Josey
The Gooch line at the bottom of your message dated 3/8/2000 is also ours. Please e-mail any dob,dod,dom and other info to my address.
I will share what I have with you if you will give me an address or phone number
Thanks

Ref: James Gooch md Eliizabeth (Kelly) Gooch

My ancestor was Claiborne Gooch married to Mildred

Faye Thole (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 10:25AM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Gooch, Thomas, West, Leavell, Embry
My ancestor was also Claiborne Gooch married to Mildred Thomas or Thomas. My research takes me to Peter Gouge b @1500 England. Rowland Gooch,son of Claiborne Gooch B @1724, M Unity West; their son Gideon Gooch,married Nancy Leavell and their daughter Mary Ann Gooch M Elijah Embry, my great-great grandparents. I would love to share any information re Claiborne's Gooch's
and compare.

Parentage of Gideon Gooch?

Posted: 26 Dec 2000 1:39PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2004 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Gooch, Leavell, McGehee, West
Now I'm confused. I have Gideon Gooch, husband of Nancy Leavell, as born June 18, 1779 to Gideon Gooch and Mary McGehee, and that Gideon as the son of John Mary Gooch of King William County, VA and later of Granville County, NC. Where do Unity West and Rowland Gooch get involved?

Gideon Gooch ancestors

faye thole (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 5:54PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Gooch, Leavell, West Woodard, Thimpson, Claiborne, Washington
The parents of Gideon Gooch husband of Nancy Leavell according to my research were Rowland Gooch and Unity West.(Unity West was a descendent of Lord De-La-Warr, Thomas West ist Gov. of Va.) Her parents were Nathanial West and Martha Woodard.If my research is correct,Rowland Gooch was the son of Claiborne Gooch and Mildred Thimpson. They lived in King Wm Co. Virginia, Claiborne moved with his family to Granville Co N.C. Claiborne Gooch was the son of William Gooch and Ursula Claiborne. Her family were early prominent pilgrims in America. If you care to E- mail me at jerfay@terraworld.net, I can give you further informationregarding the Gooch and Claiborne and West families back to early England. Including the information that Lord De-La Warr was responsible for Pocahantas visiting England. Lord De-la-Warr's wife was her sponsor. This information you can get from history books. After many years of research I am only to well aware that I may have an error in my data, however I have researched as thoroughly as possible, given the number of Gooch descendents.Another note: the Gooch family in England was related to the George Washington family.Washington's and Gooch's came to America and settled together.

Gideon Gooch

Posted: 4 May 2001 12:09PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2003 10:44PM GMT
Surnames: Gooch, Warmoth
Am researching the second husband of ancestor Elizabeth Page Warmoth. She married Gideon Gooch 24 July 1834 in Chariton Co, MO. His name was misspelled as Gillead Gooch. He was born c/1779 in NC according to census. I think he died between 1850 and 1860 censuses. On 1850 census, Gideon, 71 yrs and Elizabeth, 65 are caring for (probably) grandchildren: Elizabeth, 6, Gideon 4, Martha 1, and Elizabeth Wormoth 9. After reading land records, etc. I think the Gooch children are from Nathan Gooch, deceased. Can someone confirm and also give me names of other Gideon children and date of death of Gideon? Thanks. Sharon

Re: Gideon Gooch

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 11:50PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Gooch, Stevenson
From "The George William Cooper family history" prepared in 1951 by 14 of his descendents.

"While it is not known, it is reasonable to assume that Gideon, shown as the son of Rowland, is the Gideon Gooch boorn in Goochland, Virginia about the time of the Revolutionary War, who was the father of Rollin, born in 1813, to whom most of those of Gooch descent in Missouri and Oklahooma can definitely trace their lineage. The basis of this assumption is that he was born iin the same section of Virginia and so many of his descendants (sic) have the same names as those previously recorded.

Gideon was married to Miss Nancy Stevenson and shortly there-after emigrated to Madison County, Kentucky. In 828 or 1829 they with the younger children emigrated to Missouri and settled in what is now Chariton Coounty. Some years later two of their sons, Daniel and Joseph, purchased the old homestead. After his children became of age he moved to Linn County, Missouri and settled near his son Rollin, who was the ninth of fourteen children. There he and his fathful companion gave up their toils."

They are buried in the Mount Olive Baptist Church Cemetary NW of Linneus, MO on land donated from the Rollin Gooch homestead. A living cousin lives on part of the homestead.

Gideon Gooch married second wife, Elizabeth Page Warmouth

Sharon Foree (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 11:13PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Gooch, Page, Warmouth
Thanks for the reply and info on Gideon Gooch. If we are talking about the same Gideon, his first wife must have died before 1834, when he married my Elizabeth Page Warmouth in Chariton County MO.

Re: Gideon Gooch

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 12:20AM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Gooch
I'm checking with the cousins still in the area to see if they recognize her name. I do know that my GGGF Gideon Gooch was the father of several Gooch's in Chariton and that Gideon died in Linn County near Linneus, MO. Verbal family history has been that this Gideon was born in Goochland, Virginia around the time of the Revolutionary War. He came to settle in Chariton County Missouri in 1828/9 from Madison County Kentucky. My GGF Rollin Gooch born in 1813 was Gideon's ninth child. Rollin settled in Linn County Missouri in 1835. It could be possible that your Gideon was one of my Gideon's children. He had fourteen and every generation seems to have a Gideon, Elizabeth, Mildred, William and Rollin or Roland. If like my GGGF Rollin, a brother Gideon followed his parents to Missouri in the 1830's he would have been a young man looking for a bride. The ages would be more likely for an 1834 marriage.

Re: Gideon Gooch - clarification

Sharon Foree (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 11:05PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 2:15AM GMT
Surnames: Gooch, Warmoth
Hi, guess I should have been more specific. I have Gideon Gooch and second wife Elizabeth on 1850 census in Grundy Co., MO, pg. 397 - she had originally been in Chariton Co, too. On 1850 census he is 71 yrs and she is 63 or 65 (hard to read). That means he was born about 1779 as you say. They have what I believe are his grandchildren living with them, Elizabeth 6 yrs, Gideon 4 yrs and Martha 1 yr, probably children of Nathan Gooch and wife Martha Warmoth.
Hope that helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions