Search for content in message boards

Kathryn Nielsen Healey

Kathryn Nielsen Healey

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 12:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nielsen, Healey, Petersen, Peterson
I'm trying to find some info on my gg-grandmother, Kathryn Nielsen Healey. Specifically, I'm looking for her obituary, where she is buried and some info on her siblings. Kathryn was born in 1875 in Mt. Eden to Niels Christian and Engelina Christina Petersen (two people I also don't know much about). Kathryn had two sisters, Lillian (b. circa 1885) and Caroline (b. circa 1879). I know Lillian married August Peterson some time before 1910. Sister Caroline is the real mystery and I am especially curious as to what happened to her. Her wedding ring has been a family heirloom for several generations (I recently inherited it from my mother who inherited it from her grandmother, Caroline's niece), yet no one knows who Caroline was married to or when she died or whatever became of her. I'm assuming Caroline didn't have children, otherwise her wedding ring probably would have went to them, but I'd still like to know what happened to her. Kathryn married Lauren Everett Healey in 1896 and they had their only child, my great-grandmother, Gladys in 1898. The family was living in San Francisco until the 1906 earthquake when they lost everything and decided to relocate to Alameda to be closer to Kathryn's parents for awhile. Kathryn died on March 12 1918 in Alameda. Lauren later remarried and had other children from that wife. I've got census records as well as Kathryn and Lauren's wedding announcement and a few other things, but nothing about Kathryn's death (beyond the date, which was a chore to find!) and would appreciate any info on that anyone might know of. I was also thinking that if I could find Kathryn or Lillian's obits I might be able to figure out who Caroline married and when she died... Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Kathryn Nielsen Healey

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 1:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'd suggest you start by obtaining the death certificate for your great-great grandmother Kathryn (Nielsen) Healey. Since you have her death date of March 12, 1918, write to the Alameda County Courthouse. You can find the address, fee, and instruction here: http://vitalrec.com/. The state turned over their records to the individual counties a few years ago. The death certificate should give her exact place of birth and burial place. With this information you can write to a library in the area for an obituary. if there is one. Another source would be to contact the cemetery and possibly the funeral director. - Good luck, Bev
per page

Find a board about a specific topic