Search for content in message boards

Lilburn Stone

Lilburn Stone

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 2:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stone
I am searching for a Lilburn Stone that looks like lived in Hunt County in 1880. I noticed that a Andrew Stone is shown as living close to him in 1880. I would like to know more about this information if you are still searching also.

Re: Lilburn Stone

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 9:04PM GMT
Hi,

I found Lilburn and family in the 1880 Census but can't find anything for any of the family members after that.

A Henry Lilburn Stone d. Aug 15, 1985 in Hill Co., TX but he's too old to be your Lilburn; probably a family descendant?

I'll do more searching if you have any additional info about the family members.

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Stone, McBride
Hi,

I went back and looked for the children.

J. W. McBride
Married: 28 July 1892, Hunt Co., TX
Ivey stone
Source: Texas Marriages 1837-1973, www.familysearch.org

1900 Justice Precinct 2, Hunt, TX
West McBride, b. TN July 1870, marr 8 yrs, farmer
Ivie wife, b. MO Jan 1875
Levenia, b. TX June 1893
Willis, b. TX April 1896
Lewis Stone, laborer, b. TX July 1886 [MAYBE Ivie's brother?]

1910 Celeste, Hunt, Texas
J Wesley Mcbride, b. TN, 39
Iva, b. TN, 33
Luvinia, b. TX, 16
Willie, son, b. TX, 14
Lewis, b. TX, 7
Everett, b. TX, 2

FamilySearch couldn't load the actual Census record so this info is skimpy. Probably a temporary problem.

1920 Justice Precinct 2, Hunt, TX
John W. McBride, b. TX, 49, general farmer
Nancy, wife, [wife #2?] b. GA, 35
Lovenie, b. TX, 25
Willie, b. TX, 23, laborer farm
Linus, b. TX, 17, laborer home farm
Evrt, b. TX, 11

1930 Precinct 2, Hunt, TX
J. W. McBride, b. TN, 59, general farmer
Nancy, b. GA, 46
Lewis, b. TX, 26 day laborer farm

1930 District 13, Knox, Tennessee
William F. Mcbride, b. TN, 47, farmer general
Willie A., wife, b. GA, 45
West Mcbride, father, b. TN, 64, widower

John W. Mcbride
Born: 1 July 1870, TN
Married
Father: F D Mcbride
Mother: Elvira Carson
Residence: peniel, Hunt, TX for 9 yrs
Died: 6 Sept 1949, Peniel, Hunt, TX
Buried: Greenville, TX 8 Sept 1949
Source: Texas Deaths 1890-1976, www.familysearch.org. If you create a user ID and password, you can view and print his death certificate. There is no charge for this web site.
Successful Searching!

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Hinman
Hi thank you for your response. This Lilburn Stone was my 2 great grandpa. His daughter Sarah Stone was my 1 great grandma and her daughter Mary Virginia Hinman was my grandmother. I had several aunts and uncles from this union of James Edward Hinman and Sarah Elizabeth Stone one of her brothers was named James Lilburn Hinman and I was told he was named after Sarah's father. My records with verification from my grandmother (now deceased) and my mother (Her daughter) show Lilburn Stone to Sarah Stone to Mary Virginia Hinman, James Lilburn Hinman (Uncle J. L.), and other brothers and sisters if you want this information I can send it to you. It is recorded this far in my grandmother's bible, by my grandmother, and my mother who knew most of her aunts and uncles. There were 3 children that my mother didn't know that were deceased prior to her birth including Sarah Elizabeth Stone.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 5:11PM GMT
Thanks for your offer but I'm not related.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 11:05PM GMT
Not related! Do you show his first wife's, Frances, death 15 May 1891? Did he remarry Mrs. Bettie (nee: Pate) Simmons, 15 Jun 1892 in Hunt County? If so, he fathered at least two chilren by Bettie. In addition to the children reflected on 1880 Hunt, there are death records for: James William Stone (20 Oct 1888 - 29 May 1957), Mary Mertie White (14 Oct 1882 - 19 Nov 1942), and L. E. (Lewis Edward) Stone (29 Jul 1885 - 17 Oct 1942).

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 10:47PM GMT
Hi,
Wow thank you so much. This is my family Lilburn is my 2 great grandfather. I am sad that he isn't part of your family because you have done such a good job looking up mine. Everywhere I have looked shows Ivey as my great grandmothers sister. I know via family that they lived in Hunt County Greenville and Campbell Texas before some of them moved on to McKinney Texas. Lilburn is hard to track but I have more information thanks to your help. I find Frances as his wife but have not yet found a second wife but I am going to continue looking. Thank you so very much for your help you are very kind.
Kathy

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 12:56AM GMT
I'm the second person providing info in response to your post! Wish you had a public family tree so that I would not forward info you already possessed? Nevertheless, Lilburn was his middle name and Lewis/Louis was his given or first name. He did marry Mrs. Bettie Simmons, 15 Jun 1892 in Hunt County. That's found https://familysearch.org/ That union resulted in daughters: Ruby Elmo Wardlaw (16 Jul 1895 - 21 May 1944) and Rosalie Llewellyn (2 May 1897 - 22 Jul 1989). Ruby died in Dallas and Rosalie in Bexar. Susan Stone wed R. A. Dyer, 4 Sep 1898 in Hunt. Susie Virginia Dyer (28 May 1878 - 24 Aug 1965) died in Fort Worth.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 4:58AM GMT
Hi, My information isn't posted because Even though I have researched a while I would write down information to go back an recheck and before I could do that people would write me and say I had something wrong or to explain things I couldn't. I plan to make it public when I am sure what I have down is correct. I felt if anyone wants information I can send it to them. I really appreciate your information I have not used family search much and haven't learned to navigate the system very well but I plan to start. Thank you for your information very much if you want the information I have I will be glad to share. My g grandmother was Sarah Elizabeth Stone daughter of Lilburn Stone. I have good solid information about her family until I get to Lilburn Stone. Thank you for your help. Please let me know how you are related to Lilburn Stone. I would love to communicate wil a descendant . Thank you for your help and I will look forward to hearing from you. Kathy

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 4:58AM GMT
Hi, My information isn't posted because Even though I have researched a while I would write down information to go back an recheck and before I could do that people would write me and say I had something wrong or to explain things I couldn't. I plan to make it public when I am sure what I have down is correct. I felt if anyone wants information I can send it to them. I really appreciate your information I have not used family search much and haven't learned to navigate the system very well but I plan to start. Thank you for your information very much if you want the information I have I will be glad to share. My g grandmother was Sarah Elizabeth Stone daughter of Lilburn Stone. I have good solid information about her family until I get to Lilburn Stone. Thank you for your help. Please let me know how you are related to Lilburn Stone. I would love to communicate wil a descendant . Thank you for your help and I will look forward to hearing from you. Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic