Lillie D. Chighizola

Posted: 24 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 13 Sep 2001 12:48PM GMT
Surnames: Bradberry, Verdon, Casbon, Blazio

June 24, 2000

November 5, 1999
Lillie D. Chighizola

Lillie D. Chighizola, 96, a native of Buras and resident of Grand Isle, died at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 3, 1999.

Visitation was scheduled from 9 a.m. to funeral time today at Our Lady of the Isle Catholic Church in Grand Isle. Mass was scheduled for noon today at the church, with burial in the church cemetery.

She is survived by two daughters, Ethel Chighizola and Hazel Quebodeaux; one sister, Louise Alegro; five grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Milton Chighizola; two sons, Louis and Elliot Chighizola; one daughter, Augusta Readnour; three brothers, Arthur, Louis and Clement DeMolle; and one grandchild, not named.

She was a parishioner of Our Lady of the Isle Catholic Church.

Re: Lillie D. Chighizola

Posted: 13 Sep 2001 1:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DeMolle, Algero, Power
My name is Michele Power (Charles Marsh is my husband). Lillie Chighizola was my great aunt. Louise Algero is my maternal grandmother. Lillie's siblings Louise (nee DeMolle) and Louis were fraternal twins. Louis DeMolle, my great uncle, died back in 1986.

Posted: 13 Sep 2001 12:56PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2003 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: .
Hello Michelle,

Thanks for your response. I would be happy to share what little I know about that family if you'd like. I knew Lillie well as I grew up in Grand Isle just one street over from her house. You mentioned Louis. Are you referring to "Cola"? Thats how I knew him but, I think his proper name was Louis as well.
Anyway, thanks again.
GB

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 5:53AM GMT
Surnames: DeMolle (Demola), Algero
Aloha Michele! My name is Linda Ann Demola Cruz. My Father is your mom's (Ione right?)1st cousin. From what I understand they were pretty close. My dad is Russell Clement Demola (DeMolle). Your Grandmother Louise Algero was my Grandfather's sister (Clement Demola), she was also my god-mother. My dad left Louisiana, joined the military, and married my mom, Suzuko Higa (from Okinawa, JPN) we lived on the island of Guam in the Pacific for most of my life. I married Raymond Cruz (from Guam) and we moved to Honolulu, HI where we've made our home for the last 14yrs. I keep in touch with my dad's sister Karin (Aunt Kay)who just told me today that your mom called her recently. I've been doing some research trying to connect the dots. We've lived almost all of our lives in the islands so it's pretty hard. My dad currently lives on the island of Saipan. Hope to hear from you soon. My email address is: cruzrl808@gmail.com. Blessings, Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions