Search for content in message boards

Bland History

Bland History

charles L. Bland (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2000 1:53PM GMT
Hi Cousins, I'm Charles L. Bland, author of A Vision of Unity: The Bland Family in England and America and the Annual Newsletter, "Among Cousins: The Bland Family Newsletter, now in its 18th year.
Lately I've had a lot of quiries from this board and just wanted to let you know that if you write me, chances are good that I can help you with your line, though I can't always. If I can't I'll tell you, but usually if you can identify your Bland great grandparent, I can help you. Fell free to contact me at Blandhistory717@hotmail.com or call me nights at 716-885-6897.

Bland History

Robert Bland (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 4:12PM GMT
Charles, My home town is Jacksonville, IL and my grandmother was Emma Bates Walton Bland. You will recognize me as Pres pro-tem Robert O. Bland. My Grandfather, Robert E. Bland, rode with Gen. J.E.B. Stuart. My grandmother was the grand daughter of the 2nd Gov of MO, Frederick Bates.

Robert Who?

charles bland (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 7:19PM GMT
Of Course, you bare Robert Bland from the legendary James River Bland Family.

Your Grandpa rode with Jeb Stuart??

Charles Bland (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 7:40PM GMT
The story about my GG Grandfather was that he and his brother left North Carolina for Texas for the duration of the War Between the States, being pacifists.

Charlie

Me too.

Charles Bland (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 7:41PM GMT
Come to think of it, grandpa was pretty smart. I'd like to go to Texas too.

Your faithful servant

Charlie

Grandpa

Robert Bland (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 7:56PM GMT
Yep,he rode with Ol' JEB. He wasn't chicken! When he could he would ride back to the farm and get a fresh horse! He rode with Command, in his own words according to courting letters I have between him and my grandmother.

Joel Bland from Indiana

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 3:43PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2002 10:34PM GMT
Dear Charles,
Do you have any information about a Joel Bland from Indiana (around Miami County). I do not have any other information about his siblings or parents. Joel was my ggrandfather and he married Julia Ann Landrum. They had 3 children: William Earl Bland who was born in Bunker Hill, IN in 1898 or 1899, fought in WWI from Howard County, IN and died in Waco, Texas on October 3 of 1963 or 1964; Frances Wilhelmenia Bland (my grandmother) who was married to Joseph H. Kemp...she died at the age of 20 from peritonitis from childbirth of my mother; Sylvia Bland who was married to Joseph H. Brandom and moved to Terre Haute, IN where she died of cancer in 9/1988. If you have any information, I would appreciate it, because that part of my family tree is bare since I only knew his name. Joel and Julia were divorced when the children were very small.

Joel Bland

charles L. Bland (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 6:14PM GMT
Please contact me at my e-mail address, blandhistory717@hotmail.com

ELIZA BLAND/JOHN GUYLEE

FRANK BOWIE (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 8:09PM GMT
I AM WONDERING IF YOU CAN SHED ANY LIGHT ON parents/children of ELIZA BLAND b.1812 Liverpool Eng. d.2/1893 Chicago Ill.
Married a John Guylee b,1/1/1815 Sidney Eng. d.5/8/1885 Mt Pleasant, Ia.

who are the blands

helen bland (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 3:03PM GMT
i would like very much to find out who are my ancestors and am i really a decendent of pochantis i would like any information i could get i was born in benettesville sc i know they come from sc but where they originated from im not sure
per page

Find a board about a specific topic