Search for content in message boards

Thomas Horan and James Horan of Galway Ireland

Thomas Horan and James Horan of Galway Ireland

Posted: 11 May 2010 2:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Horan
Hello,

James Horan arrived in Walsall, Staffordshire, England approx 1861/2 he married Bridget Morris of Williamstown, Galway in 1863. His father was Thomas Horan and he possibly had a brother named John. James' birth date is approx 1835. He settled in Staffordshire and he and Bridget raised 7 children -
Thomas c1865
James 1866
John c1868
Martin 1869
Mary Ellen 1872
Catherine 1875
Ann 1877

Any information regarding any of the above would be great!

Thank you Lesley

Re: Thomas Horan and James Horan of Galway Ireland

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 12:09PM GMT
Hello! I really don't have a direct answer for your question. However, what you wrote caught my attention. My grandfather's grandfather emigrated to America in1851. His name was Thomas Horan, and was from Galway. I have found a reference to a baptism of a Thomas Horan in 1831.

It is entirely possible that my great-great grandfather and James Horan were brothers. I do not know the name of my great-great grandfather's father. I would not be surprised if it was Thomas, as the name is very common in my family.

I hope to one day travel to Ireland to research the baptismal records. I'm sure my great-great grandfather had several brothers and sisters - and I would,love to track down their offspring!

Re: Thomas Horan and James Horan of Galway Ireland

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Horan
These names are in my Horan family. Lived in Louisville, ky. See my other posts.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions