Search for content in message boards

Titus family from N.J.

Titus family from N.J.

Linda Netherton Titus (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 11:01AM GMT
Looking for any family of my husbands, James Richard Titus. His father was Kenneth Dorset Titus who died in 1963, he is buried in the Titus family plot in Trenton, N.J..

Titus family from New Jersey

J. Craig Titus (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 4:40PM GMT
Linda, I just began my research, just bought a copmuter, anyway my family tree search has led me to Bergen Co. NJ, James Titus b1803, William Titus b.1779 married to Leona. I'm having trouble finding Williams father, but for about three generations, my family was born, buried and married in New Jersey.
Craig Titus

Titus family

Linda Titus (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 6:28PM GMT
My husband doesn't have much back ground on his dad's' family. We are waiting to get info from his mother. His dad had 11 brothers and sisters. Some of the brothers names are John, Raymond, Kenneth was my husbands father, I'm afraid that's all the names I have right now. Thanks.

Titus family from Trenton,NJ area

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 1:23PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2001 12:05PM GMT
I have been looking to find out about my g-grandmothers family. She had a brother Albert Titus who had several children some of who were Earl, Harold, "Bill", Norman, Raymon, John and a sister Myrna. Earl died in March of 2000 and Myrna died last November. Do you think we are searching the same Titus'? There is a Titus family reunion every Labor Day near Washington's Crossings, Pa.Would be interested to know if this is the same family. Sandy

Titus family

Linda Titus (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 6:09PM GMT
Yes, this is the same family. My husband just found a book that belonged to his dad
and he listed his brothers and one sister. They were John Titus, Harold Titus, Raymond Titus, Norman Titus, Allen Titus, Earl Titus, and Myrna Watson. My husband's father was Kenneth Titus, he died in 1963. My husband has not been back to New Jersey since that time. We have been planning to come up there for several years and just haven't made it.

NJ Tituses

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2001 12:05PM GMT
I am happy to find someone from the family. My mother knew all the Titus' but she died 3 yrs ago and her memory was failing before that. Do you have any info on your husband's grandfathers family. I know the names of Albert's sibling; Ida S. Titus Leedom Udy, Anna Titus Sickler, Enoch Titus, and Emma who I'm not too sure about. The only Titus in my area is Allen(Bill) Titus and he is not well. I would really like to know the names of Albert, Ida, Anna, Enoch and Emma's parents. I haven't found anything so far as I don't have a clue to their names. I know that Ida was born in Hopewell Township. I would be interested if you had any other information. Sandy

NJ Titus family

Leonard C. Mayer (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 1:40AM GMT
My mother's father was Clarence Richmond Titus, born around 1860. Died 1947 in Rahway NJ. He was originally from Pennington NJ were the Titus family goes back to 1759. His father was Israel H. Titus, born Oct 18, 1826. His father was Edward Titus.

Re: Titus family from N.J.

harry titus (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2001 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
how about charles titus who died in 1963 in patterson n.j.

Re: Titus family

Posted: 5 Sep 2003 3:55PM GMT
We were cleaning out my mother's things and I found a letter from my great-great grandmother to my grandmother. I have since discovered that her name was Elizabeth and her husband was John. I found them in Ewing, NJ in one census and later in Hopewell. They had 7 children, 2 of whom I know nothing about. I search the 1850 census and found a John Titus the right age in Ewing whose parents were Enoch and Phebe Titus. The last part is guess work but John and Elizabeth are fact. Have you found any more info?
Sandy

Re: NJ Tituses

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 6:16PM GMT
Sandy;

My great grandmother was Emma S. Titus who married David Thomas Reynolds in 1893 in Allen County, Ohio. Is it possible that "my" Emnma Titus is the same Emma Titus that you posted about in 2001 on Ancestry.com?

If this is the same Emma Titus, I would love to learn more about her family.

Bob Reynolds
per page

Find a board about a specific topic