Search for content in message boards

Descendant report question and problem

Descendant report question and problem

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2013 2:13AM GMT
For a descendant report I want to include the word 'divorce' when it is filled in in the marriage window but that option is grayed out (along with most of the other options). How can I do this?

Also in places where a spouse's name is not listed in my database it either prints "unknown" or is blank. I can't figure out what I've done any differently to cause this. Is there a way to make it consistent?

Thanks in advance,

Kim

Re: Descendant report question and problem

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 2:53PM GMT
Hi Kim.

There are two Descendant reports. The Descendant Chart does not contain the Marriage Status. The Descendant Book does allow for the Marriage Status. As you have found, the same Report Options screen is used for both reports, but each report has different options that are allowable.

For Unknown vs blank, you to to the Options menu, choose Customize and find the section that says "Word for Blank Records" (lower right corner of window).

Regards,
Brian

Re: Descendant report question and problem

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 4:33PM GMT
Hi Brian,

The first solution worked! The second did not. I emailed tech support. I was told to go the marriage list then unlink all the unknown to unknown. That solved the issue. Luckily there were not many to do.

Kim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic