Search for content in message boards

Simpson

Posted: 2 Dec 2004 10:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Aug 2005 12:25AM GMT
Are there anyone out there connected to the Simpson's in New York State?

Re: Simpson

Posted: 3 Dec 2004 11:59AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 11:07AM GMT
Yes, I am. My family is from New York State . I know of Simpson from Newburgh, Cornwall, NewWindsor of Orange County and Ulster County.
Debra Gregory

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2004 6:46PM GMT
I am researching the Simpsons from Ulster County. My Simpsons were from the Saugerties/Wawarsing & Ellenville area. Where did your Simpsons live?
Posted: 3 Dec 2004 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2006 12:32PM GMT
Surnames: Simpson
My family was from all over Ulster, Orange, Sullivan area.
here are some of the names that should make it a little easier.
Wm Simpson, William, Albert, Robert, Richard, Chester, All the boys .
I know of girls Rea or Ree, Olive Simpson.
Some of the women married into the Simpson family I know of are Phoebe Conly, Phoebe Carpia, Sussie, Charol. I dont know there last names but they married into the Simpson family.
My mother is an Eckert from the area .
My father was William Edward Simpson
Phoebe was his mother born 1910
and the other names are his sibblings.
I have been doing a lot of research for one year now and have access to all that the ancestry has to offer. I hope some of this helps. Its hard to get info in Ny State. I have some death certificates but no birth and the ones we have, have no parents listed. My father and his brother were in The McQuade Foundation in New Windsor. I have heard that my fathers family spred all around the ulster, orange, area. Hope we can make a connection ...
Debra
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 3:28AM GMT
I had a Hannah Simpson that was my ggreat grandfathers sister who married a man from the New York state and moved over there with him, she was born in Seely's Bay Ontario around 185? does this help ???
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 4:30AM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2005 12:25AM GMT
Jerome Simpson was born in Lenox, NY and died in Jasper,NY. Jerome's father was Alexander and his father was Alexander Simpson Sr and came from Scotland.

Posted: 31 Jan 2005 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Simpson
My gggrand father was Frank Simpson born 1853. The census I found list him as being born in New York. Frank death certificate is incomplete. It list his father as William. Frank moved from New York to Iowa then to Nebrsaka and finally to South Dakota. Frank died in 1928 in Rapid City South Dakota. I am trying to locate the rest of his family.
Posted: 5 Mar 2005 6:46PM GMT
Three Simpson brothers, Elbridge, Joel and Albert, resided at times in Hudson, Columbia co. NY. All were sons of John Brown and Eunice Tucker Simpson of MA. John died in Hudson while visiting a son. All married and had children. Elbridge died there. Albert moved to MD and Joel supposed died in Washington D. C. I would love to fill in gaps on their families or connect with other descendants. I have add'l Simpson data to share.

Larry Kellar (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2005 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: Simons,Simpson,Hewey,Huey.VanVoorhees
My mother was Edna Ellen Simpson 6th G-GRANDAUGHTER OF Alexander Simpson b 1652 near Boston.In that time period 4 or 5 Simpsons landed from England as Royalist prisoners one being father to Alexander.I have been told that 4 men went to Matne,Alexanders people settled in Flatlands,Kings Co.NY.FURTHER INFO UN FAMILT BY E-,MAIL lpkellar@webtv.net
Posted: 7 Mar 2005 4:03PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2006 7:53PM GMT
My line is Charles Simpson, son of John and Elizabeth Brown Simpson. I do not know of any connection to Alexander. I think my line might go back to John simpson of Watertown, Ma who came over in 1630 with the Winthrop fleet.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions