Search for content in message boards

Need Help for DRT Membership

Need Help for DRT Membership

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 4:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RILEY, WILLIAMS, HALEY, LOLLAR, ISBELL, WOODALL
I am trying to find proof (co-signer on document, witness in court, mbr of marriage party etc) that I am a direct decendent of RILEY, WILLIAMS, WOODALL, ISBELL, HALEY, or LOLLAR Family in Texas prior to 1845. I know my 3rd gr uncle was here but have to prove my grandfather/grandmother was here.

Re: Need Help for DRT Membership

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 5:39AM GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure what DRT stands for but if it's like Daughters of the American Revoluntion (DAR) you have to start with yourself and gather birth certificates or other proof of every person back to the American Revolution.

However, without their names, there is no way to help you. What are their names and when and where were they born?

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 4:09PM GMT
Daughters of Republic of Texas. You only shared surnames. You need to give specific names with actual or probably dates of birth/death and counties where you think they may have lived and years (from-to) in each county. May I suggest you start with Biographical Souvenir of State of Texas, pub. 1889. You can find an index to the book on the Fannin Co., TX genweb site and/or the Grayson Co., TX genweb site. It was a submission to that 1899 publication that helped me prove that William Crenshaw who died ca 1877 in Grayson Co., TX was a sibling of my gg-grandmother Virginia E. M. Crenshaw Boone. I could not prove Virginia was dau of Nicholas Crenshaw but could prove her brother was so the combination of the two proved my lineage directly back to a common grandfather with George Washington. Both DRT and the DAR accept the Biographical Souvenir of State of Texas, pub. 1889. as evidence of lineage. I also used that book to find a bio on another gg-grandfather. Sadly, the names he gives as his parents and siblings are hard to find in South Carolina and Georgia records. Good luck.

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 8:45PM GMT
There is a book in Greenville Public Library, THE HISTORY OF GREENVILLE AND HUNT COUNTY TEXAS by W Walworth Harrison, in it he mentioned ISAAC WHITAKER RILEY was in Hunt County in 1844 but we couldn't find the "documentation accepted by Daughters of Republic of Texas".

Isaac's son, JONATHAN C RILEY was a resident of Hunt County, per Texas Compiled Census in 1846.

Isaac's daughter, Mary Polly Riley married Richard Meredith Hart in 13 July 1831 in Arkansas. She died 1845 in Commerce, Hunt, Texas.

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 4:08AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 4:11AM GMT
If you can simply identify for us your “3rd gr uncle” (2nd great grand uncle?) , his sibling that’s your ancestor and their father, we might be able to help. Otherwise, you haven’t provided enough information for us to begin to be able answer your question. (You've identified some individuals, but haven't simultaneously indicated if or how they are related to you.)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions