Search for content in message boards

La garita, Center, Pacheco Family

La garita, Center, Pacheco Family

Terry Pacheco (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2004 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Juan Climaco "Jack" Sotorio Pacheco
Hello, My name is Terry Pacheco from Center Colorado,, I have Created a Pacheco Family Website on my Familys Past, I would like to know if anyone Know's or has information about any friends or unknown Family of
Juan Climaco "Jack" Sotorio Pacheco
Thanks, Hope to hear from you
Terry Pacheco
http://pacheco2002.tripod.com/PCHFM.html

Re: La garita, Center, Pacheco Family

Rod Salaz (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2004 5:16PM GMT
Terry, my family comes from Saguache & I had a great grandmother who was Pacheco. Her name was Senida Pacheco who married Juan Mascarenas in the late 1890's. Their children were Locadia, Sirio, Jean(my g'mother), Shona, Louisa, Flora, & Philamon. Senida's mother name was Esmela. Do any of these names show up in your family? Iif yes, I'd be interested in hearing from you. I don't have info prior to these ancestors. I know of some other Pacheco's living in Colo Sprgs. I'll ask if they know Juan Pacheco.

Robert DeHerrera (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2004 8:12PM GMT
My name is Robert DeHerrera. I live in Sacramento, Ca.
I was born (1937) and raised in Center Co. I am currently
doing genealogy research on my maternal side of the family.
My Grandmother was a Marquez. Born and raised in Saquache.
Her Father (Rubel) and that generation were from Mogote in La Garita/El Carnero. It was a large family. One of Rubel's brothers Jesus Maria Marquez married Maria Rita Woodson Pacheco (from Saquache) 8 September 1883. I am interested
in the any information on the Marquez/Abeyta/Lovato families
from Saquache. My Grandmother's parents were Gregorio and Manuela Lovato. please email me at bob5017@sbcglobal.net
Both my wife and I are retired and do genealogy with a passion! My wife (Rose) has a large account of most of the DeHerrera families from New Mexico/Colorado going back to the 1700's

Posted: 2 Aug 2004 8:56AM GMT
Surnames: Pacheco
I asked my Dad if he knew any of the names you listed, he said that we are related to the Pacheco's from Saguache, I will look into this info and get back to you on it

Posted: 2 Aug 2004 8:59AM GMT
Surnames: Pacheco
Bob, I bet you and my father know each other, as you know growing up in Center everyone has a nick name, his is Jiggs, real name Edward Pacheco, I will check on that info for you, I know everyone down here.

Terry

rod salaz (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2004 3:48PM GMT
Terry, if you could, ask your dad if he knew Didio Pacheco. Didio had brothers Tio who recently died, Lovio who died a yr ago, Cipiano who survives. Didio is pushing 80. I dont know who his parents names were but will see him soon & get back to you. He didn't know Climaco but was going to check into it. p.s. it appears Mr. DeHerrera & I are related via Gregorio & Manuelita Lovato! Rod

Posted: 2 Aug 2004 7:37PM GMT
Rod, I will check on that, we are related to another set of Pacheco's from Center/Saguache, My Grandfather had a brother and there are cousions from that side, I know one of our distant relitives just past away from that side of the family, sounds like you know them
here is the
OBT
http://www.alamosanews.com/main.php?story_id=1687&page=2...

Terry

rod salaz (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2004 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: salaz, pacheco, mascarenas,
Terry, Tio Pacheco's brother Didio is who I've been checking your info with. He works graveyard at the 8th st Walmart in the Springs. He had told me his grandfather & my g-grandmother Senida (Naya) Pacheco Mascarenas's father Antonio were brothers. He also said they came from or via "La Costilla" an now apparent ghost town somewhere near San Luis. Again, I'm interested in any info on Senida, especially if I could locate a pic. thx, rod

Bob DeHerrera (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2004 2:15AM GMT
I remember jiggs (vaguely anymore) I also had a nickname.
My Cousin Jama (Gilbert DeHerrera) was responsible for all the
nicknames. He nicknamed me "cool-it" and like everybody else
it stuck. People in Center still call me cool-it after 50 plus years!
please use my email address to communicate with me:
bob5017@sbcglobal.net.

Posted: 10 Aug 2004 9:13AM GMT
Yep The name Senida Pacheco does ring a bell, I have been doing some extensive searching since we last talked, I have found that i have a great great grand Father named Diego Pachecho, Last Name might of been spelled wrong in the US Census, anyway, Diego had 4 Kids, Lucas, and Lucas is my Great Grand Father, then there was Antonio, Doratillo, and one Daughter, Senaida, So I think that we are Related, I have created a new webpage on my website called Pacheco History, I have Placed Pic's of the US Census in there and her name is listed under Diego Pachecho, as his Daughter,
Let me know if any other of the names I have listed here ring a bell.
Alpinedenver2@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic