Search for content in message boards

DAR Lookup/James Halstead, Abraham Campbell, John Miller,Sr./Charles Brooking/Adam Mann/Benjamin Stephens

DAR Lookup/James Halstead, Abraham Campbell, John Miller,Sr./Charles Brooking/Adam Mann/Benjamin Stephens

Posted: 20 Jan 2004 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2005 8:43PM GMT
I would appreciate any help in establishing whether any of my above named ancestors served during the Revolutionary War.

The information I have on them is thus:

James Halstead b. abt 1740 in England d. abt 1815 in West Virginia

Abraham Campbell b. abt 1737 d. abt 1805 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia. Wife was Darcus

John Miller, Sr. b.abt 1735 d. abt 1826 in West Virginia wife was Barbara Mauzy

Charles Brooking b. abt 1758 of Ablemarle County, Virginia
wife was named Ann They had a daughter named Rhoda born in 1779.

Adam Mann b. abt 1761 in Augusta County, Virginia wife was Mary Maddy They had a daughter named Elizabeth

Benjamin Stephens b. April 15, 1754 in Orange County, Virginia, d. September 7, 1839 in Kenton County, Kentucky wife was Dorothy Jemimah Waller

Thanks in advance. If I've asked for too many lookups with this request, please let me know and I'll break it up.

Re: DAR Lookup/James Halstead, Abraham Campbell, John Miller,Sr./Charles Brooking/Adam Mann/Benjamin Stephens

Laura Summers (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2004 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Mann, Stevens
Hi Jerry:

This was a lot to ask for, but I looked them all up and this is what I found in the Patriot Index. You can order copies of these applications if you want. ONE per envelope please. Send a $10.00 check for each one payable to the Treasurer General NSDAR and send the check and the info on your ancestor to the following address.
Registrar General NSDAR
attn: Records Copy Department
1776 D Street NW
Washington, DC 20006-5303.
Allow 6-8 weeks for a reply.

MANN, Adam
Birth: 12- -1758
Service: VA
Death: VA 13 Jul 1840
Patriot Pensioned: No Widow Pensioned: No
Children Pensioned: No Heirs Pensioned: No
Spouse: Mary Maddy
Spouse: Polly Flinn

STEVENS, Benjamin
Birth: VA 15 Apr 1754
Service: VA
Death: KY 7 Sep 1839
Patriot Pensioned: No Widow Pensioned: No
Children Pensioned: No Heirs Pensioned: No
Spouse: (1) Dorothy Jemima Waller

Regards
Laura
This is a free lookup service provided by the DAR volunteers at the message board

Thank you, Laura!

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 6:51AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2005 8:43PM GMT
Hi Laura,
WOW! Thank you SO much for your EXTREMELY PROMPT response. I am so excited to learn that at least two of my direct ancestors were Patriots. A cousin of mine said that James Halstead was also one, but I have not confirmed that.
I will definitely order their records and document my relation for membership. Thanks again!

Jerry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions