Search for content in message boards

Fate & Ethel CARROLL, Franklin/Logan Cos., AR, 1880s-mid 1900s

Fate & Ethel CARROLL, Franklin/Logan Cos., AR, 1880s-mid 1900s

Posted: 1 Mar 2003 7:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARROLL, WILLIAMSON
Looking for descendants or research help on Fate H. Carroll (1883-1956) and wife Ethel Ola Carroll, maiden name unknown (1887-1947). Both are interred in Baxley Cemetery, Paris, Logan Co., Arkansas. The household is in the 1920 census and 1930 census of Franklin County, Arkansas. Fate Carroll married Ethel circa 1907.

Would very much like to learn Ethel's maiden name, among other details. I have found a "community note" in the 3 Mar 1944 edition of the Tuckerman Record (Jackson Co., AR) which states, "O. L. Williamson is visiting his sister, Mrs. Ethel Carroll, at Paris, Arkansas." O. L. Williamson was the half-brother of my great-grandfather.

Mark Williamson

Re: Fate & Ethel CARROLL, Franklin/Logan Cos., AR, 1880s-mid 1900s

Posted: 3 Apr 2003 4:23AM GMT
My grandmother, Mary Carroll Mantooth, had a brother named Fate. She writes in her diary about him, he was born 3/6/1884 and died 1/12/1956. They moved here from Gainesville, GA when they were young and I am researching the family. If this is the same one you are talking about, I can look further and see who is wife and what her maiden name was. She had 3 other brothers from that vicinity, John, Corbin, and Marlin. They all lived in the Charleston, Paris, Booneville vicinity.

Posted: 3 Apr 2003 5:22AM GMT
Surnames: CARROLL, KEMP, WILLIAMSON, DONNOHUE
Hi Debbie,

Yes, I'm sure that is the same Fate CARROLL. Since my previous post, I have learned that Ethel's maiden name was KEMP. Ethel and Fate were married 25 Jan 1906 in Franklin County.

In the 1900 census, I have since located Ethel KEMP and "Osker" WILLIAMSON, listed as cousins to head of household James H. DONNOHUE, living in Yell County. Also listed in the household is James' aunt and quite likely Ethel and Oscar's mother, Misouri WILLIAMSON, born 1859 in Missouri, of course.

-- Mark Williamson

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2003 12:30AM GMT
Yes, you are right. I was going to email you and tell you that I had went to the library where hey are funeral records and fate carroll's wife is listed as ethel kemp. I am glad you found what you needed.

Posted: 10 Jan 2004 1:31AM GMT
Hi
I was wondering if you could give me some info on ethel or fate carroll. And anything you have on the donnohue side. I have a James H donnohue who is the father to commodore and jim donnohue and maybe a van or missouri donnohue. could you help me with this?

thanks in advance.
tracy piret

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 7:40PM GMT
Tracy,

Not sure if you are still our there, but Commodore Donnohue is my GGGrandfather. Missouri was his sister. Based on Commodore's death certificate, their father was James T. (Thomas?) Donnohue of Perry County Missouri. The mother was Sarah Parker who is dificult to find but is said to be native american according to family history. You can find James and Sarah in the 1850 Federal Census for Perry County, MO where Commodore was born two years later. The child Van is actually Van Buren who was born to James and his second wife Parallee. Caroline and Ethel Kemp were the daughters of Missouri and Jesse Kemp (Bn 1852). Later Missouri married Thomas Williamson and bore Oscar Lee in 1889. If you need anything further please let me know. I have done extinsive research on this family.

Josh
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions