Search for content in message boards

Falsey/Folsey of County Clare

Falsey/Folsey of County Clare

Posted: 4 Aug 2003 8:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking information on the parents of Michael & Patrick Falsey. Patrick born 1840 and Michael 1842. Michaels marriage records listed parents as Simeon? Falsey & Mary Delougherty. Michael's tombstone lists he was a native of County Clare, Ireland. Are there any Falseys still in Clare?
MAH

Re: Falsey/Folsey of County Clare

Helen McNamara (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2003 4:39AM GMT
Hi Mary Ann,
I found who might be my brick wall ancestor in the 1880 US census, Illinois, LaSalle County, Streator.

My late husband's gr. grandfathr was Joseph Michael McNamara who I have been unabe to track down in the uS before he fell from the sky in California and married. The first clue i have had was finding the right age person, born in Ireland living in the household of a Michel Fallsy age 35 born in Ireland, parents both born in Ireland. Michel is a contractor.
If this Michel was 35 in 1880 then he was born in 1845. Some Irish children didn't know for sure when they were born.

Also living in the household is is wife Elisabeth age (40 something)

Michel and Elisabeth have a son James. Also living the the household are a bunch of stepchildren last name of Balensufir.

Hough Green is a Blacksmith and Joseph is a laborer.

Our Joseph was born soewhere in Co. Clare and was a plumber his entire life and if he was working for Michel Fallsy the contractor along with getting blacksmith experience he well good have learned the plumbing trade from them before migrating west. (strickly speculation)

What was your Michael Falsey's wife's name and where did he die?

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 1:10AM GMT
Helen,
Sorry but my Michael Falsey was married to Margaret Keane (Also of County Clare). They were married in Kansas City, Mo. in 1867. Michael & Margaret had no children, and both died in KC in 1910. Hope you find you McNamara.
Mary Ann

Helen McNamara (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2003 3:46AM GMT
Thanks for your reply - process of elimination and needle in the haystack.

Posted: 18 Nov 2004 7:36PM GMT
i know its a long shot but there are falseys in Quilty in fact my great grandfather married one and michael falsey who is in his seventies still lives in quilty i only know because i visited him this year. hope this helps.

Posted: 18 Nov 2004 9:56PM GMT
Terry,
Thanks for your reply. I'm not familiar with Quilty? Is that a townland or parish? My Keane that married a Falsey was from Kilrush, Knockerry. I've had no luck tracing these Falseys, not a very common name in the US, very few listed in census records through the years. Thnaks again.
Mary Ann

Shirley Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2005 4:51PM GMT
I am related to a Simon Falcey from Mullagh County Clare Ireland supposedly there was a mix-up in the spelling of the last name (Falcey/Falsey) when a brother or cousin came to America. The names Michael, Patrick and Simon repeat themselves throughout the mid 1800's and early 1900's.
This branch of the family settled in NJ. Please, let me know if it sounds like there may be a connection. I have more information and will share. Thanks, Shirley

jeannemarge (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2005 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2006 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: FOLEY, CUGGERAN, COUGHRAN, COUGHLIN, DAVEY
Hi, Shirley,
Mullagh in Kilmurry-Clonderalaw in the Kilrush Union? My Foleys came from near Kildysart. This line of mine is a peculiar one in that they don't appear to be connected to any of the other Foley branches which must have come in from Kerry, Waterford, Wexford, etc., although there may be a connection among the other Clare Foleys. But aside from all that, my Foleys from Clare settled in Jersey City. What else do you know, regarding immigration years, birth years, etc.?
Regards,
Jeanne

Shirley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2005 4:41PM GMT
Hi Jeanne,

My gggrandfather came to America before 1860 and lived in the Trenton area...I have heard of a mix-up with the spelling of the last name from Falcey to Falsey (between brothers or cousins). Checking leads hoping to make a connection.
Thanks
Shirley

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: Falsey
there's 100's of Falseys on Face book that I am connecting with from USA & Ireland. I searching for great grandparent Mathew from Cty Clare who settled in PA, married German lady Mary Ambs & my grandfather Ernest had 7 brothers & 2 sisters. The falsey you are mentioning may be connected to mine.
MArlene Falsey Auburn NY
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions