Search for content in message boards

Chochol

Posted: 19 Mar 2006 11:38PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Chochol Mraz
Any information about Jan Chochol DOB:Feb. 26, 1890. Had a sister Julia. Came to the United States in the early 1900's. Mraz family, Andrej or Ondrej, wife Zuzanna Trilec, daughters, Julia, Maria, Zuzanna, and Katrina. Thank you.

Re: Chochol

Posted: 20 Mar 2006 2:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Sylvia

Surname CHOCHOL and MRAZ does show up in Bratislava's phone book.
www.zoznamst.sk
www.iabsi.com/gen/public ALL there for research in SK.

Re: Chochol, Mraz, Trilec

Posted: 22 Mar 2006 3:17AM GMT
Sylvia

You did post on city of Bratislava's board so does that mean that CHOCHOL was born in Bratislava?
All thre surnames, TRILEC, MRAZ and CHOCHOL show up in area code 058 of SK's phone book. www.zoznamst.sk

Sylvia Price (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2006 11:18PM GMT
I am not sure where they were born. Just know that they lived in and around that area. Mraz is listed as Betlar, Chochol as Velka poloma and Mala Poloma. The village of Chocholna, do you know how it got it's name? Thank you for your response. Any suggestions as to where else i may look for information about these villages? Sylvia

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 1:04AM GMT
Sylvia

If you do not know where they were born than where are you getting the name of towns?
MRAZ, TRILEC and CHOCHOL does list in Betliar's phone book. www.zoznamst.sk
You might want to proceed with the research going thru the church records that LDS-Mormons have filmed.
www.betliar.sk
The village of Velka Poloma and Mala Poloma are now known as Gemerska Poloma.
http://mapy.atlas.sk
"Our " people do not move around as much as their US counterparts. Most likely they were born in Betliar and Gemerska Poloma.
Were your ancestors naturalized citizen or had social security numbers? Did you locate their manifest?
Did they come thru Ellis Island?
I have no idea where the town of Chocholna or even if it has anything to do with your ancestral surname Chochol.
www.gemerskapoloma.sk check it out. Marek CHOCHOL is the webmaster.

Sylvia Price (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2006 9:43PM GMT
I think i was getting confused when on the manifest it would have a list of all persons coming from one village of Czec. instead of giving a dif. village from each person.
Do you mean that these names are still in the villages that i mentioned?
I do have an older map of Slovakia just so that i can get a feel of how they traveled from there village to get to the ship that they were boarding. How did they get from one place to another. Do you know of anyone that has information as to how they did travel. This was in the late 1800's. thank you for your time. Sylvia

Posted: 25 Mar 2006 11:29AM GMT
Sylvia

The www.zoznamst.sk is a phone book with present phone listing. Yes, the surnames show up in the village that you have mentioned.
How did they get from their village to Bremen or Hamburg a port of departure? Most likely by train.
Have you check www.iabsi.com/gen/public site to see if Bill has anything on how they traveled? I have heard a discussion about the travel in those old days but I can not recall where and the website.
The village of Gemerska Poloma is 2 km up the road from Betliar.
The www.google.com should give out several websites on transportation.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions