Surnames: mc govern, mc nutt
both names are from texas as far as i am aware

family

B.Little (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rife, Rowe, Keen, Lester, Little, Spencer
Buchacan Co.
My Grandmother's Grandparents were David Rife and Sarah (Rowe) Rife. They had 9 children. Gus, Albert, John A. Sam, Oscar, Dewey, Mary, Crobsy, and VICTORIA. Now Victoria was my grandmother's mother. She married John John David Keen. They had 4 children. Grace, Mae, Ocie, adn Ethel. Victoria died at 28 and john remarried 2 years later to Elizabeth Ann (Davies) Lester. She had 4 children also. They were Helen, Wee Ann, Mack,(Hassell?) and John Lester. Then John and Elizabeth Keen had 2 together Riley Earl and Ruth Keen.

Sarah Rowe

Phyllis P. (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rowe
My ggreat grandmother Lavica Rowe, born 1859, was a sister to Sarah Rowe. Who are you looking for.

P. Phillips

Rowe

Phyllis P. (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rowe
Sorry, I meant to say who are they looking for in Buchanan
Co. P. Phillips
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: rife, justus
This post was deleted by the author on 4 Apr 2011 5:57PM GMT

Rife Book...

Demi Lersch (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rife
Buchanan Co.
My Great Uncle, Admiral Dewey Rife published a book on the Rife famliy tree before he died. I believe that there is a copy of it in the Grundy Public Library. For each male in the family he wrote as much as he could about them as weel as his wife's birth dates, where they were married and who her parents were when he could find it.

If you cannot find the book, contact me and I can copy the information on the people you are trying to find out about...
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2001 7:10PM GMT
That John W. and Gracie Rife Justus were the parents of Betty, Phyllis, Birchie (died August 18, 2000), Virginia also deceased, Clark deceased, Franklin deceased, Woodrow deceased, Polly, Mandy, Ellen, Johnny, and William Patrick. I know this family. Demi your Gracie is a different one.

Gracie Rife

demi (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
In searching through my Uncle's book I found a Gracie Rife that M. a John Justus. She was born in 1907. But she was the daughter of William and Vadna Rife of Buchanan Co. Va. Does this sound at all right? The Gracie that has 9 siblings- Joseph, Fairbanks, tom, James Roy, Glenn, Pinkie, Josie, Millard, Margaret (died as an infant).
If this is the right I can trace back your Rife heritage through the book...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions