Search for content in message boards

JOHNSON, Cabell Co.,WVA, Lawrence Co.,OH

JOHNSON, Cabell Co.,WVA, Lawrence Co.,OH

NANCY WEBB (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2009 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, shelton, sowards, burwell, woodyard
LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON JOHNSON 1815-1820,BENJAMIN,1850,BURWELL,1834,SQUIRE,1862,JAMES MONROE BENJAMIN SARAH "SALLY" FRANKIN SHELTON,JOHNSON-BURWELL MARY CATHERINE FRANKLIN JOHNSON-JAMES MONROELUCY MAUD SOWARDS JOHNSON. MY GRANDMOTHER BERTHA ELLEN JOHNSON WOODYARD.

Re: JOHNSON, Cabell Co.,WVA, Lawrence Co.,OH - Franklin Johnson

Posted: 6 Dec 2000 7:42PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2009 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, holly
Nancy, I am also looking for information on a Franklin johnson. He was from Va. born about 1810-1825, i think. He was married to Ida Kelly Holly. If you have any info on this F. Johnson will you share it please. I am also looking for info. on a James Johnson (son Of Franklin) he was born in wv and lived in Lincoln Co. before his death. Did he have any sibs aunts or uncles? Thank you. Laverne Nicholas

Re: JOHNSON, Cabell Co.,WVA, Lawrence Co.,OH

Posted: 21 May 2002 10:30PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2009 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, duke, carpenter, smallridge, byrnside
Benjamin Johnson, 1784of Putnam County WV. Married to Sarah "Sally" Duke. Son, Calvery Hiram Johnson 1832, m. Eliza Carpenter His son James Elijah Johnson, 1866, M. Anna Bell Smallridge, & Mary Elizabeth Byrnside. Hope this helps. Hope this helps.

Re: JOHNSON, Cabell Co.,WVA, Lawrence Co.,OH

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 11:04PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2009 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, adkins, atkins, spears
I am looking for a direct male descendant of Benjamin Johsnon for the purpose of a DNA test.

My husband's DNA matches a descendant of Franklin Johnson (Francis in the 1850 Cabell Co. VA Census). Franklin was a son of Benjamin Johnson. His brothers were Burwell, John, Squire Bremmer, Lewis, Merritt, Libra Smoot, and Sampson.

My husband's name is Adkins/Atkins. We believe his grandfather was the illegitimate child of Caroline Adkins and Franklin Johnson or a close relative of Franklin's. Caroline was living in Franklin's household in the 1850 Cabell Co. Census.

To add more confusion, my husband's DNA also matches that of a descendant of one David C. Spears of Lawrence Co. OH, which is just across the Ohio River from Cabell Co. WV. David was supposedly the son of George Washington Spears but his birth date is in question.

I am in contact with the descendant of David Spears and we would like to find a male descendant of either family to take the DNA test that will confirm whether we are Johnsons or Spears. We are willing to help pay for a DNA test if we can find someone who is willing to joint the Johnson DNA project through FamilyTreeDNA.

Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic