Search for content in message boards

Alice D. Horton -- Lambertville, MI

Alice D. Horton -- Lambertville, MI

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 2:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Nov 2011 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: Horton, Webster, Devall
I'm trying to find out any information on an Alice Diane Horton, who apparently resided in Lambertville, Michigan. If I have all the details correct, Alice was born Midland, Michigan on April 20, 1924...daughter of Rev. Howard Arthur Webster and Anna R. Devall, both of New York state. She was married to John Miller Horton (1922-2002) of Bay City, Michigan in August 1945. The two supposedly had three children...John, Jr., Kaylene and Barbara. Alice died on January 5, 1981 in Toledo, Ohio. Her last place of residency was Lambertville according to SSDI. It's possible that she could be buried in Lambertville Cemetery but I didn't see her or John on any of the online burial records. John later remarried and moved to Reno, Nevada where he died in 2002. His obituary from the Reno Journal-Gazette doesn't mention anything about funeral services or interment, only surviving relatives. Neither Monroe County or Lucas County have found an obituary for Alice in 1981. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :0)

Re: Alice D. Horton -- Lambertville, MI

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 10:22PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2011 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: Webster, Devall,
I’m not related to any member of this family.

1930 is the last available census at this time.

If Alice died in Toledo, OH then order death cert dorectly from the Lucas County Clerks office.

Burial location should be stated.
Also, check the informant's name.

1930 -
Name: Howard A Webster
Home in 1930: Midland, Midland, Michigan
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1892
Birthplace: New York
Relation to Head of House: Head
Mother's Name: Alice C Devall
Spouse's Name: Anna D Webster
Race: White
Age at first marriage:
Parents' birthplace:

Howard A Webster 38, NY - preacher
Anna D Webster 38, NY
Jean H Webster 10, NY
Alice D Webster 5, MI
Alice C Devall 62, NY - widowed m/inlaw

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 11:15PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2011 11:15PM GMT
Yeah, I plan to obtain the death certificate since I can't find an obituary for her. Hopefully, there aren't any privacy restrictions as Alice died in 1981. Some states don't have any restrictions on death records while others have 25-year, 50-year or 75-year restrictions.

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 10:09PM GMT
Do you know any relatives of Alice? She was my fifth cousin once removed — just found her on a massive family research project I am working on. Would love to be in touch with relatives. I don't know that I can answer any questions about her as your post just gave me most of what I now know.

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 10:25PM GMT
There are NO restriction for MICH death certs.

Order DIRECTLY from the county of death clerks office.

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 10:27PM GMT
Provide me with your e-mail address if you would, please. I would prefer not to mention living relatives on public forum unless they have made their own inquiries on here. Thanks.

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 10:39PM GMT

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 6:36AM GMT
If you know she died in Toledo (Lucas County) order her death cert which would show where she was buried. If it only says "out-of-state" or something similar, the funeral home could provide further information, assuming they are still in business.

You can order a cert by phone for $25. See http://www.co.lucas.oh.us/index.aspx?NID=779 for the details.

Bill

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 6:55AM GMT
I got her death certificate from Ohio over a year ago...thanks. All other details regarding family are private since many of them are still living.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions