Search for content in message boards

STURSA/STURZA

STURSA/STURZA

Posted: 24 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:59AM GMT
Surnames: STURSA, STURZA, KRENEK, HORKY
Searching for connections to these surnames who come from villages in Moravia such as Mirosov, Blazkov, Horni Libochova, Vatin, Nove Mesto na Morave. Would like to exchange information.
Posted: 22 Jun 2005 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Janda
My Janda ancestors are from Mirosov, in the vicinity of Kaly, Dolni Loucky, Nove Ves a Kurim which seem to be in the same vicinity as yours. However, I cannot find it on a very good GPS map, and I suspect it has been absorbed into another village. See my website at http://sramek.net for details about the Jandas. I have the digitized images of the microfilm at another website; I will share that with you via e-mail.

Re: STURSA/STURZA

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 2:53PM GMT
Hello, not sure if my Sturza's had any family in the area you are researching, but I have info on Sturza's in Paltinossa, Bukovina, Austria as well as Gurahumora. Don't know if this is helpful to you, but I am also researching Sturza in the general areas of Moldova, Romania, Austria, etc. Also looking for any connection with Judaism in the Sturza family. Don't know if we are looking in to the same family line, but thought I'd take a chance.
Thanks!
Tj Voelker

Re: STURSA/STURZA

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 10:36PM GMT
A lot has happened in the past 6+ years. We have actually been in Mirosov, in May 2010. Lovely village. My great grandmother was from there.

I have seen Sturza in actapublica, as well as Horky. JelenBrink, are you still active in this conversation?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions