Searching for ANY information on Margaret SNIDER SEAY
WEAVER, her daughters, Rhuhama SEA ATKINSON WEBB,
and Louisa SEAY OSWALT. I would appreciate any help
possible!

Re: SNIDER, WEAVER, SEAY, ATKINSON, WEBB

M.T. Weaver (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2004 4:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have some information on the Margaret Snider and Ruhama Sea, but I have no source material. This is all from family history, and I haven't had time to check its accuracy. Hope it's a starting point.

Margaret Snider's father was Hans Jacob Schneider who was born February 13, 1742 or 1743, location unknown. He died in 1814 in Dutch Fork, South Carolina. I do not have any further information about his family.

Margaret Snider's mother was Susanna Oswalt, born about 1750 in South Carolina and died after 1830 in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. I don't have her parents' names, either.

The couple married about 1761 in Lexington County, South Carolina, and Margaret Snider was born about 1767 in Lexington County, South Carolina.

Margaret married Nicholas Sea, date unknown. Nicholas was born about 1765 in Lexington County, South Carolina. He died November 1829 in New Orleans. I have his mother listed as Sophi Puhl, born about 1731 in South Carolina.

Margaret Snider died about 1814 in Lexington County, South Carolina.

Ruhama Sea was born in August of 1812 in Lumberton, North Carolina. She married James Atkinson about 1829, (also from Lumberton) and they had at least one son, Clinton Atkinson, born in 1832 in Columbia, Mississippi.

Ruhama died September 27, 1886, in Columbia, Mississippi, and her husband, James, died in 1849 in Hinds County, Mississippi.

I am a descendent through the Atkinson line, but from your note, I see that Ruhama Sea married twice. As I said, hope it helps. Let me know if you find anything new!

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2007 5:36AM GMT
Surnames: snider
Hi, my name is Sherry Snyder Smelley and I am decended from Mathias Snider who was the brother to Margret "Peggy" Snider. To pass on some information for you she moved to Tuscaloosa with her mother in the big migrations of the 1820's, living in Tuscaloosa. She divorced Nicholas Sea as he went off with another women and was "living in sin with her". This is at the Tuscaloosa County Courthouse in the records room. Her brother John signed with her on the divorce decree. She later married Henry Weaver here in Tuscaloosa. I have a copy of both but they are in the attic. She was suppose to have died and been buried here in Tuscaloosa County but I am not sure where.

Posted: 1 Mar 2007 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Webb, Atkinson
I am a descendant of John Henry Webb. According to an incription in the Webb Family Bible, "W.B. Webb & Ruhama Atkonson was married March 8th A.D. 1855". Walter Benjamin Webb was the son of John Henry Webb and Elizabeth Hammond, born November 30, AD 1834, according to the same Bamily Bible.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic