Search for content in message boards

Timeline for results of Ancestry.com DNA test

Timeline for results of Ancestry.com DNA test

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 11:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Aug 2012 7:40PM GMT
I sent mine in last month, I was wondering what the average wait was. Thanks.

Laura

Re: Timeline for results of DNA test

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 11:14PM GMT
I am reading that it is about a month. Waiting for mine too.

Kathy

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 1:18PM GMT
From which company are you awaiting results?

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 1:46PM GMT
My kit was received July 19th by the company and I finally received my results on Aug. 4th. I can totally understand you chomping at the bit. I'd check the process every morning, always disappointed to see "Lab Processing" :)

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 3:44PM GMT
I got the e-mail saying they'd received my test on July 17th. The results were in on August 7th. I've heard other people saying that it's taking a month or less.

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 7:38PM GMT
Ancestry.com

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 7:40PM GMT
Cool. Judging from the replies, I should be getting it soon, maybe a week. Fingers crossed.

Although reading other threads, it seems everyone is Scandinavian. ;-p Can't wait to see what it says about me!

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 8:16PM GMT
My results said 72% eastern european (no surprise there --- majority of ancestors are from Belgium) and 8% scandinavian (which did come as a surprise). Best of luck to you and your genes :)

Re: Timeline for results of Ancestry.com DNA test

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 10:24AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2012 12:57PM GMT
Sent mine in over 7 weeks ago, and have heard nothing since. Status hasn't even moved onto Lab Processing yet, it just says Activated. I've emailed ancestry.com member services, sent in beta feedback, but nothing back from them to even say if they've even received my DNA sample. Starting to wonder if my DNA has got lost somewhere :(

What sequence of emails do people normally get notifying them of progress of their DNA test?

Re: Timeline for results of Ancestry.com DNA test

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 3:14PM GMT
Sounds like it's time to call them. :( The DNA department was really personable and on the ball when I talked to them on the phone.

(Believe me, I hate to phone companies, and I resent when I'm forced to do that because they're not responding to email, so I feel your pain. In this case, though, I called because I wanted to know ASAP if I could/should take the test while I had a throat infection. I was pretty impressed with the customer service, honestly.)

My email sequence went like this:

June 11 - Invitation
June 21 - Kit activated
June 26 - Sample arrived
July 23 - Results in

I wonder if Ancestry will replace the kit in a situation like yours where it sounds like it was lost in the mail? (How much of their cost is the kit and how much is the processing?)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic