Southey Nelson Research

Southey Nelson Research

Posted: 26 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jul 2001 5:05AM GMT
Surnames: NELSON, McCLAIN
Looking for information on SOUTHEY NELSON from TN,NC, and
VA. He lived to be 115 years old.
Southey Nelson married Susan Jane McClain in Knoxville TN.
but think he was married twice before.
Also need information on his parents.

SOUTHEY NELSON

Tiffany (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: NELSON, CARPENTER, RUSHING, PETTIT, FLOYD, BLEDSOE, BRASHEARS, HATTAWAY, HATAWAY, HATHAWAY
Hi Ann,
I was transcribing several months of notes and tidbits that I jotted down and recognized one that might apply to your Southey which I saw on the Nelson genforum. The note was:
Southy Nelson b. 29 Jun 1781 d. 13 Dec 1812 married Sally Joynes Brickhouse daughter of George Brickhouse and Mary Belote(m. 17 Nov 1803; Mary b. 31 Aug 1783 d. 22 Mar 1859)
Buried in Liberty Hall Northampton Co, VA.
There was a Will that stated that Sally received 3 slaves: Ben, Rachel and child Milty on 17 Mar 1832 from grandfather John Brickhouse married on 14 Nov 1803. 9There's a descrepanc in the day of marriage from above, but could have been my writing). they had 4 children:
1. Elizabeth W. Nelson b. 15 May 1805 was ward of Sally and Southy Nelson as Elizabeth W. Wilson and was known as Elizabeth W. Nelson married Samuel Carpenter son of John Carpenter Sr. and Lucy (Galt) Gault, 9 Jan 1826 who had the following children Lucy Ann S. Carpenter, Lauretta V. Carpenter, Geore S. Carpenter and John Azel Carpenter.

There's a "Gault" genealogy website on the net somewhere that I've been too and that might have been where I found it. You see I have Nelsons and Carpenters because my ggrandad's(who was a Nelson) his mother was a Carpenter. That's the info I was searching on at the time I found this.
Hope it helps, I noticed you think he was married twice before. Might be worth checking it out and I would check for any genealogy websites under "Brickhouse", "Nelson", and Carpenters. That would give you alot of info and documentation to back it up with; maybe even 'new cousins'.
Hope it's a help.
Tiffany

Re: Southey Nelson Research

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 1:11AM GMT
I have some information about a Southey Nelson born 1770 died 1885. He is buried in Knoxville Tennessee. I also have a picture left to me that identifies the man as "Grandpa Nelson", lived 115 years. See picture attached. Also have picture of cemetery stone.
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 1:31AM GMT
See attached stone in Knoxville Tennessee.
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 10:16PM GMT
WOULD YOU MIND MAKING A COPY OF THE PICTURE YOU HAVE.

WALGREENS WILL MAKE COPIES FOR YOU AND I WILL BE GLAD TO PAY THE COST AND FOR MAILING OF ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN SHARE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
ANN

Posted: 19 Jan 2011 1:21AM GMT
What a great picture. Was this Southey the son of Southway Nelson and Amanda Tignor. In a Washington Co, TN. Deed Book for Southway, a son Southway is listed as one of the heirs.

Posted: 19 Jan 2011 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Nelson, Daniel
Would enjoy getting to see the picture of Southey Nelson you referred to.

Please tell me where to look.

Look forward to your reply.

Posted: 20 Jan 2011 2:18AM GMT
This query RE: Southey Nelson Research. TomMcLain42 posted 2 pics, on Nov 16 2010 a photo of Nelson and his headstone,
Does anyone have his parents and his children that they will share.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic