Search for content in message boards

Burns, Smith, West

WEST Family in Hawkins CO TN

Posted: 14 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: WEST, SCARBOROUGH, MYERS, SMITH, KIRKPATRICK, RIDLEY
Diane, I don't know if we have any of the same families but thought I would let you see what is in my file and see if you can tie it into yours. We have a lot of names alike. My Wm. WEST b. 1846 m. Lucinda C. SCARBOROUGH on June 14, 1872 in Hawkins CO TN. His parents were John (b. abt. 1812)and Lavina/Vina MYERS WEST (b. abt. 1817). I have no parents or siblings for John and Vina. This Wm.'s brother, James, also had a son, Wm. in 1858 and can be found in the 1870 census for Hawkins CO. I also have a Minerva SMITH b. abt. 1828 that m. David KIRKPATRICK. Her grandparents were Wm. SMITH d. 1805 and Elizabeth RIDLEY. Since you seem to have dates all farther back than mine do you have any from this time period that fit?

Burns, Smith, West

Diane Smith (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Burns, West, Smith
I am researching the Smith Family with ties to Robert & Mary Burns in 1790 - He fought in war of 1812 - they had 4 children; William, John, Sara Ann married Samuel Powell and Jane E. who was married to a Davis....also West - Wm West & Mary Rutherford(ca1750) frm Virginia? Also Alford Smith(DOB1861) whose Mother was Margaret Smith - I have no info on her - all these families are from Hawkins Co & Greene Co TN - any help would be appreciated and I would be happy to share. Thank you.

WESTS in Hawkins CO TN:

Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEST
Hello, I hope we are after the same family but I don't have a Martha WEST or Abraham WEST. I thought Arthur Brownlow SMITH'S middle name was interesting. BROWNLOW was the name of the man who was over the 1st Tennessee Cavalry that my great grandpa, James WEST, fought with in the Civil War. Yes, I would like more information on this WEST family to see if it a part of mine. Thanks.

West/Smith

Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: West, Smith
Hi, I am looking for any info on John Leonder Smith's son Arthur Brownlow Smith. John married Martha West around 1885, I believe and they had several children. Some were, Oliver, Lane, George and of course Arthur. Martha West was the daughter of Sarah and Abraham West from Webster Valley in Hawkin's Co. I have quite a bit on the West's, but I can't find a thing on John Smith's decendents. I do know tha Martha died in 1912 and the children were farmed out to different people. Arthur was raised by a judge in Hawkins Co., but that's about all I know. Let me know if you have anything on this or if you want some more info on this branch of West's. Thanks.

WEST

Diana Ray (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEST, CARR
I am looking for information on JOHN LOGAN WEST who married
SARAH ELIZABETH CARR. I have very little info on him other than he was born ca1908. Sarah was born 3 Mar 1892 to John Rufus Carr and Julia Ann Barrett Carr in Hawkins County TN.
They had children:
Bernard West
Sylvia West
Erma West
Marie West
Vivian West.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEST
The only family in my WEST line that I have traced down is just my line and there is no one by these names in it. I don't have who my gr-gr uncles or gr uncles married or their lines on down so couldn't tell you if this is from the same WEST line. My grandfather's brothers were: John Andrew WEST, William WEST and James Hezekiah WEST. I know very little about their families. They were born from abt. 1856 to 1860.

SMITHs and Wests

Theresa Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, West
Looking for info on BEVERLY SMITH who married RUTHIE WEST. They eventually lived in Greene Co,TN. Desperately trying to determine their children once and for all!!! Please let me know. Thanks.... Theresa

Beverly Smith

Posted: 19 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:23AM GMT
Hi, I found an article in the Greene Co. genealogy/historical society periodical regarding the Smiths of Bulls Gap......according to the article Bev Smiths dau married a Jesse Smith ----- ? email me if u are interested in the article .....how did ur trip to Greeneville go over the Halloween weekend?

Smith/West

Posted: 24 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 7:45PM GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for links to my gr grandfather. His name was John Leonder Smith, and he married a Martha West around 1898, I think. I know his father was George Washington Smith and he had several brothers. (Arthur, george, Lane and Oliver). I believe there were a couple of sisters as well. I have quite a bit on Martha West, but hardly anything on the Smith side. Any links? Thanks...Elizabeth

David Kirkpatrick/Minerva Smith

J. McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Thank you for the inquiry. I have not run across the name Brandon/Brannon in my search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic