Search for content in message boards

ABILDGAARD

ABILDGAARD

Peter Lex (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Abildgaard's lived nearby Alborg. GGF Jens emigrated appr. 1860-1880 to Berlin. His mother have been SKOV (Schou).

Re: ABILDGAARD

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Dec 2001 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Abilgaard, Abildgaard, Abilgard, Nielsen
My Abildgaard is a mystery. My grandfather said he was his brother but the last name is different. My grandfather, Johann Christian Nielsen was from Aalborg. He immigrated to U.S. in 1890 to join his brother "Chris" Abilgaard (Abildgaard?) in Illinois. The story told is that Chris name was changed when he was in the military as was customary??? I have no idea if that's true so have considered the possibility of different fathers. I am guessing "Chris" immigrated between 1880 and 1890. Unknown the year he married but it would have been in U.S. Wife's first name "Chrenie" but unknown maiden name. She left Denmark when she was 5 so would have come with family and was only 21 when she died in 1895. They both died in 1895 of typhoid. They left 2 very young little girls(possible names Mabel and Agnes) that I am trying to trace along with my Danish roots. Am told Johann had at least one sister and sounds like several brothers, all of whom went into the military, except Johann who left Denmark at age 17 apparently by himself.
On Johann Nielsen marriage record it shows his father's name to be the same (Johann Nielsen) and mothers "Mary Anne" which I suspect is Americanized. Last name as Nielsen so maiden name unknown.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic