Search for content in message boards

searching for Mayberry lines from Alexander Co.

searching for Mayberry lines from Alexander Co.

kim miller (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2002 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: mayberry, martin, barker, shoemaker
helping a friend on his Mayberry line. I have 2 that seem to cross over one another.
Trying to locate the line of Charles Wade MAYBERRY b.1878 in Alexander. He was the son of Ira Clementine MAYBERRY, who was the daughter of Abraham Len MAYBERRY and Arminda MARTIN.
My 2nd. line is of the father of James Burl MAYBERRY b.1860. I have came across his father as being Abel MAYBERRY son of Able MAYBERRY and Mary Barker. I have also seen his father as being John Able MAYBERRY Jr. so of John Able MAYBERRY and Mary Barker. James is mother is Polly Louisa SHOEMAKER.
Thanks for any help on these 2 difficult lines.

Re: searching for Mayberry lines from Alexander Co.

Renee Moore (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2002 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Mayberry Alexander Co
Kim,
I may have info that would help you with the 2nd line. Abel Maybry ( born 1730 Surry/Sussex County, Virginia.
Abel Mayberry, Sr born 1791 in Wilkes County. Married Mary Barker born in 1792. They had bout 15 kids and one was my 4 great grandfather. For more infor contact me........

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 12:07AM GMT
Don't know if I can help, but Abraham Len Mayberry is my Great-Great Grandfather born 24 Nov. 1835, died 20 Apr. 1905, was married to Arminda Minnerva Martin, born 1833, died 1915. I have a copy of a photo of Abraham and Minnerva. My cousin has more information and old family photos. Contact me and I will help with what I do have.

Posted: 26 Oct 2002 5:23AM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2004 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Mayberry, Sturdivant
Renee, Do you know who the 15 children of Abel Mayberry Sr., of Wilkes Co. were? I'm looking for a Jemima Mayberry, my ggggrandmther! She married John Wesley Sturdivant in Wilkes Co., NC in 1857. I think she is probably the granddaughter of Randolph and Jemima (Cook) Mayberry of Wilkes Co. I just don't know which of their children, she belonged too! Hope you or someone out there can help me!
Elaine Gilman gilcrestcollies@msn.com

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 7:33PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2005 10:53PM GMT
Hi, Do you have any information on an Alvin Mayberry b 1846 who married a Nancy Mahaffey or a Hiram Mayberry who married an Amanda Mahaffey ? They lived in Somers Township of Wilkes.
Thank you for any help.

Nikki (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2005 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Mayberry, Sorrel
Charles Wade Mayberry Sr had 6 children. One was accidentally named Charles Wade Mayberry Jr. This was my grandfather. The person who replied named David Mayberry, if the right one, is my uncle. He was the youngest of 5 children that Charles Wade Mayberry Jr and his wife Marjorie Lucille Sorrel. My mother is the second youngest of the 5. I have all dates and names going up several generations.

AJ (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2005 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Mayberry,Shoemaker
Charles Wade Mayberry was my grandfather. Who is the person that you are searching on behalf of?

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Mayberry, Lackey, Kemp, shoemaker, Redmond
Charles Wade Mayberry was my grandfather too. You must be Steve or Kathy. Hello ! What's going on there in South Carolina ? I am trying to put the families together and do the sealings here in the Mt Timpanogos temple. I have done most of the great and great,great aunts and uncles. Maybe we can compare notes. What do you think cousin ? Jerry Taylor

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 1:31AM GMT
Charles Wade Mayberry is my grandfather and you have some of your information Mixed up. His mother is Arrie Clementine Mayberry. Not Ira clementine. She never married. Charles wade mayberry was illigitimate. Also there are several Able Mayberrys. some are cousins not decendents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions