Search for content in message boards

CHILDREN OF REV. THOMAS MANSON FORE AND MARTHA JANE HICE

CHILDREN OF REV. THOMAS MANSON FORE AND MARTHA JANE HICE

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 10:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Feb 2010 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: FORE, DAVIS, HICE, HEMBREE, GREEN, HALL, EVANS
Hi,

I'm researching/constructing the families of each of the children of Lewis Pierre Fore and Sarah Carpenter (Davis). Right now, I'm working on the family of their son, Rev. Thomas Manson Fore [1850-1925], who married Martha Jane Hice [1850-1889], first, and a woman whose name may have been "Mary" second (no children of this last union).

I put the basic information I have for each child below. I'm hoping someone else is researching this line and can help with:

1) Full name of second wife and date/place of marriage;
2) Death/marriage info. /children & descendants of each of the first 4 and the last 3 children.

Many thanks for any help.

Jean

ii. Mary C. Fore, born abt 1870 in North Carolina [1880 CENSUS].

iii. Sarah L. Fore, born abt 1871 in North Carolina [1880 CENSUS].

iv. E.S. Fore [DAUGHTER], born abt 1874 in North Carolina [1880 CENSUS].

vi. Ida Malissa Fore, born Dec 1878 in North Carolina [1880, 1900, 1910, 1920 CENSUS]; death information Unk. She married Alonzo A. Hembree Oct 21, 1900 in Cherokee Co., North Carolina; marriage performed by W.A. Revis, Mag [CCNC MARRIAGES]. He was born 1880; died bef 1910 in Cherokee Co., North Carolina [SHE RECORDED AS WIDOW IN 1910 CENSUS]; burial at Hiwassee Baptist Church Cemetery [LISTING OF HIWASSEE BAPTIST CHURCH BURIALS RE-INTERRED 1938….]; re-interred at Bates Creek Baptist Church Cemetery 1938 due to construction of Hiwassee Dam. He was the son of Miller A. Hembree and Esther S. “Laura” Surrett.

vii. Lewis Leander Fore, born Dec. 14, 1880/81 in North Carolina [WWI DRAFT REGISTRATION CARD; NOTE: 1900 CENSUS RECORDED DEC 1881]; died 1933 in Texas; burial at Belew Cemetery in Denton Co., Texas [UNMARKED GRAVE, PER RAYMOND HELTON, FAMILY RESEARCHER]. He married Paralee Green Apr. 01, 1900 in Cherokee Co., North Carolina; marriage performed by M.A. Hembree, Magistrate [CCNC MARRIAGES; SHE RECORDED AS HIS NEAREST RELATIVE ON HIS WWI DRAFT REGISTRATION CARD]. She was born Sept 1878 in North Carolina [1900, 1920 CENSUS]; died June 09, 1921 in Texas [ELLEN BYRNE: FORE, FOREE, FAURE, FORD NOTES (Page 8)]; burial at Belew Cemetery in Denton Co., Texas [UNMARKED GRAVE, PER RAYMOND HELTON, FAMILY RESEARCHER].

v. Lena M. Fore, born Mar 05, 1883 in North Carolina [CERTIFICATE OF DEATH; GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTION]; died Apr 13, 1967 at Providence Hospital in Murphy, Cherokee Co., North Carolina at age 84 years [CERTIFICATE OF DEATH; GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTION]; burial Apr 16, 1967 at Grape Creek Cemetery in Cherokee Co., North Carolina [CERTIFICATE OF DEATH; GRAVESTONE PHOTOGRAPH]. She married Marcus Irvin “Mark” Hall Apr 15, 1900 (Easter Sunday) in Cherokee Co., North Carolina [CCNC MARRIAGES; HE RECORDED AS HER SPOUSE ON HER CERTIFICATE OF DEATH]. He was born May 19, 1870 in Cherokee Co., North Carolina [CERTIFICATE OF DEATH; GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTION]; died Aug 27, 1948 in Murphy, Cherokee Co., North Carolina [CERTIFICATE OF DEATH; GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTION]; burial at Grape Creek Cemetery in Cherokee Co., North Carolina [CERTIFICATE OF DEATH; GRAVESTONE PHOTOGRAPH]. He was the son of Bert Hall and Nancy Sutton [THEY RECORDED AS HIS PARENTS ON HIS CERTIFICATE OF DEATH].

viii. Hattie J. Foree, born May 01, 1885 in Murphy, Cherokee Co., North Carolina [1900, 1910 CENSUS; CERTIFICATE OF DEATH]; died Apr 12, 1963 in Gastonia, Gaston Co., North Carolina at age 77 years [CERTIFICATE OF DEATH]; burial April 14, 1964 at Gastonia Memorial Park in Gastonia, Gaston Co., North Carolina [CERTIFICATE OF DEATH]. She married Henry H. Evans [HE NAMED AS HER SURVIVING SPOUSE ON HER CERTIFICATE OF DEATH].

ix. William F. Fore, born July 1887 in North Carolina [1900, 1910 CENSUS].

x. Elisha R. Fore, born Oct 1889 in North Carolina.

Re: CHILDREN OF REV. THOMAS MANSON FORE AND MARTHA JANE HICE

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 6:55AM GMT
Jean, I am the great grand daughter of Rev. Thomas Manson Foree. I have information to share. Please contact me at cmc06@msn.com Thank you, Carol

Re: CHILDREN OF REV. THOMAS MANSON FORE AND MARTHA JANE HICE

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 4:27PM GMT
Jean,
I am the great granddaughter of Sarah Jane Fore who married William Tom Miller. Sarah was the sister of Thomas Manson Fore. I have information on Sarah's line. You can contact me at sandramarsh@verizon.net.
Sandra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions