Search for content in message boards

Vermont Hamlin ancesters

Vermont Hamlin ancesters

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hamlin Cook
I am seeking info on the family of Joseph Hamlin, born in 1782 at Rutland county Vermont. He married Patience Cook, (born in Rhode Island) in 1803 and moved to St. Lawrence county, New York around 1840. I have found one piece of information that suggests his father's name may also have been Joseph Hamlin.

Re: Vermont Hamlin ancesters

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: Hamlin
I have a Joseph Hamlin, born September 30, 1784 in Middletown CT. He married in 1809 to Catherine West in Charlestown, NH. Catherine was the dau. of Capt. Samuel Sprague West, and Phebe Carlton. After marriage Joseph Hamlin, and wife Catherine move to the state of New York.
Joseph was the son of William, and Lucy(Kirby) Hamlin. You can find his lineage at;
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ctsmfsd/Russell.html
The Society of Middletown First Settlers Descendants

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 5:29PM GMT
Hello MOHerzog,
today you saved some photos from my family tree and I was just wondering if you have some information on this that I may be able to use.
Please contact me at gsmcv@bigpond.net.au

many thanks

Sharon McVittie

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Hamlin, Cook
Regarding Joseph Hamlin - 1782-1857....husband of Patience Cook-

His father was Joseph Hamlin - born in Bridgewater, MA in 1756. He was the son of Isaac Hamlin and Sarah Shaw.

Joseph (1) is an enigma...have not been able to locate any info on him or his wife.

Patience is also an enigma...she seems to have been born in Rhode Island. Beyond that I have nothing.

Hope this helps...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic