Search for content in message boards

Nantyderry House

Nantyderry House

Jo (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2004 6:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is anybody familiar with Nantyderry House?
I'd like to find out the residents c1930's

Please get in touch if you have any information.
Thanks in advance

Jo

Re: Nantyderry House

Posted: 30 Dec 2006 10:29PM GMT
Have just seen your query about Nantyderry house.
There is a Nantyderry House At Nantyderry,near Goytre (sometimes spelt Goetre) which is approx. 6miles north of Pontypool South Wales (postcode NP4)on the A4042.
It was owned by Gwent County council and closed by them approx 1993 and ownership transferred to Monmouthshire County Council in 1995 who sold it to private ownership, and is now just a private dwelling.
If you are still looking for information if you can let know what it is I will try to find it or who you need to contact

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Berry
I think my grandmother was in domestic service in Nantyderry House around 1934 as this is shown on my mothers birth certificate. My grandmothers name was Gladys Irene Berry. I'd love to know about the house, family there or any other connections.

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 5:32PM GMT
Nantyderry house was a maternity home affiliated to national council for one parent families from 1919-1948 it was run by a committee I was born there in 1946

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 7:16PM GMT
Thanks so much for this information. We had guessed as much since I posted the question, as my mother was born out of wedlock and was born in 1934. Do you have any other information on it, or perhaps where I can gain some?

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 8:32PM GMT
I believe the records can be found at the National Archives catalogue references MH 96/837 and 838 unfortunately they can't be accessed on line.hope this helps there is a picture of the house on line it is a private house now hope this helps a bit

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 9:04AM GMT
Surnames: Evans
My Mother was born there in 1922...out of wedlock...I have always wondered about it and wondered if family ran it as according to Kelly's directory the Misses Evans donated an organ to the church...Mum's name was Evans..not uncommon in Wales I know but I am trying to find records of two of my great great Aunts, Misses Evans???

Posted: 12 Aug 2013 6:54AM GMT
Surnames: MORGAN
I am interested in Nant y deri Lodge, Goytrey. Could it have been attached to the House?
My husband's GGGrandfather, Rev Allen Morgan bought the Lodge in 1839 & lived there until he died in 1844. In the 1841 census it is said to be near the church. I would be grateful for any information or photo.

Posted: 4 May 2014 6:04PM GMT
I have information on a Catherine Anne Evans who lived in the house until about 1904 and a Charlotte Mary Evans ( her sister ) who was living in London Piccadilly in 1911. I don't know if these were your great aunts . Catherine married a Rev. Fletcher in 1904, and had a daughter ( Mabel Irene blunsdon in goytre in about 1907.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic