Search for content in message boards

Jackson Family of Cherokee Indian descent

Jackson Family of Cherokee Indian descent

Saralyn Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 11:24AM GMT
I am beginnin to search my husbands family roots. We live in robbinsville NC. His grandfather was Ike Jackon.He was a preacher in this area and lived in the Snowbird area of Graham Co. NC. I have been unable to find any information on him. Please email me if u have any information of Jacksons of indian heritage in this area. I appreciate the help.

father was a cherokee indain

abraham jackson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 5:39PM GMT
my father name is cleveland jackson he was from northfolk va. his mother's name was lillie white before she was married, his dad left the family, so he didn,t no anything about him and no-one tokd him anything. he now dcease,if you.re close return e-mail please. by-the-way we are afro-amer.

Jackson

Diana Casper (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 9:46PM GMT
My family is also of cher/indian decent.We are from Roby/Sweetwater Texas.My Grand father was John Coleman Jackson.My mom was Johnnie Francise Jackson.I wish you much luck in your serach.Diana

Texas Jacksons

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2000 1:49PM GMT
Hi Diana, my were in Bosque County Tx. Have you any Jackson connections to Bosque County that you know of? Bosque County has a geneology web page.
Connie

Jacksons of Indian Decent

Joi P Smith (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2000 8:51AM GMT
Look for the Lumbee Indians of NC. They used to be called Cherokee. There is actually alot of info on the web about them. The name Lumbee is a realatively new name the tribe recently adopted.

It is very interesting to do research on this tribe. Look it up!

Joi Smith

Indian Decent Also

Linda Hart (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2000 8:45AM GMT
This is as close As I have come to some information on family.My great/ and grandparents came from N.C./my gr.f name was
Harvey Lee Jackson/he married Carrie West/I am told they were Cherokee and cousins.My grt grmother name was Charity (no last name) as she was an abandoned Cherokee baby raised by missionarys.My mother was Jessie Jackson and married Mckenzie Hart who's father was also Cherokee(half/breed)If this has any connection with your line Please contact me at goldangel@inorbit.com.

Robert or Bob Jackson

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 11:56AM GMT
Well i gave this up for awhile got frustrated but at it again. I am now looking for information on Robert or Bob Jackson that lived in NC and married Caroline Kanott. We know that he was the only Photographer in the area when he was an adult. Not sure of birth or death dates yet. Any help will be appreciated.

Robert Jackson

lLinda Hart Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2001 12:11PM GMT
Funny thing is I was talking to a Robert Jackson(Bobby)this past week who is my second cousin. His mother,Molly Jackson,is my grandmothers sister,and I just located them so don*t know to much yet.His mother is 86but I don*tknow his age or occupation but they are from N.C. Vance county and Henderson area.I will let you know what I learn.

Robert Jackson

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 4:06PM GMT
That is a strange coincidence. I dont know if they could be relatives of this Robert Jackson or not....you never know. This one would have been born in the 1800's and i failed to mention that he lived in Graham County or Robbinsville/Snowbird area.

jackson

linda hart jackson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2001 10:20AM GMT
Its possable they are related /I will ask this weekend as I am calling them.I have family from the snowbird area,also the names / Harris West.My family are also Cherokee/Eastern band/well I will get back to you .Hope we can find a conection.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions