Search for content in message boards

Weyerley Mooser, Valentine Moser

Weyerley Mooser, Valentine Moser

Georgia Sanden (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2004 6:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Feb 2004 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Mooser, Mosser, Moser, Musser
I was given the following reference to veterans, but have been unable to verify it. The actual names are Weierle Moser and Valentine Moser, father and son. Weierle could also be Valentine's brother. The last name could also be Mosser, which is what Weierle's father always used. If you find it, is it possible to get the name of the person who submitted it so I know which records to order???

1ST, 2ND, 3RD BATTALION,
BERKS COUNTY
REVOLUTIONARY WAR, 1777 and 1778

From Pennsylvania Archives 3:6:275-322, Contributed by Katharine F. Dix, Transcribed and Edited by Judy Nelson
Third Battalion 1777 & 1778
Capt. Boder's Company:
Mooser, Weyerley
Moser, Valentine

Feb 7 [1776] Lanc diary entry
February 7, Wednesday Captain Mosser is the Officer of the Day and John Snyder the Sergeant of the Guard. (19)

Re: Weyerley Mooser, Valentine Moser

Posted: 6 Feb 2004 5:05AM GMT
Surnames: Mooser, Moser, Mosser, Musser
Hello Georgia,

I have researched the names you gave me and I found a Valentine MUSSER only. I know this isn’t the same spelling, but I thought I would go ahead and list the information. It shows the following information:

MUSSER, Valentine
Birth: PA 1758
Service: PA
Death: PA 2- -1833
Patriot Pensioned: No Widow Pensioned: No
Children Pensioned: No Heirs Pensioned: No
Spouse: (1) Catherine X

(If you would like a copy of the application with this patriot’s information, you may request a copy from DAR National Headquarters. You will need to send the above information about the Patriot, along with a check made payable to the Treasurer General, NSDAR in the amount of $10 (U.S.). The request and check should be sent to Office of Registrar General, NSDAR, Attn: Record Copy, 1776 D Street NW, Washington, DC 20006-5303. Requests will take between 4-6 weeks.)

Since I didn’t find a Moser, Mooser or Mosser doesn’t mean that Weierle or Valentine didn’t serve in some capacity during the Revolutionary War. It simply means that no one has joined DAR using there service.

If you are interested or should ever become interested in joining DAR, there are members who help prospective members document their Revolutionary Patriot.

Sincerely,

Joyce
DAR VIS Volunteer

“This is a free lookup service provided by DAR volunteers at the DAR message board.”

Posted: 6 Feb 2004 3:43PM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2004 6:00AM GMT
Surnames: Mooser, Mosser, Moser, Musser
Thanks very much. I don't think this is one I was looking for, so how do I go about finding one if you don't have them??? TIA

Re: Re: Weyerley Mooser, Valentine Moser

Posted: 7 Feb 2004 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: Mooser, Musser, Moser
Hello Georgia,

I'm so sorry, but I don't understand your question. Would you please restate it again?

My deepest apologies.

Sincerely,
Joyce

Georgia Sanden (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2004 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: Mooser Mosser Moser Musser
You looked up the Subject guys, but only found a Valentine Musser that would not appear to be my ancestor. Since they are not in your lookups, but they do appear to have been in the war, how do I proceed? Where do I look? How do I find people in the first place if they haven't been found before?

Posted: 9 Feb 2004 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: Mooser, Moser
Hello Georgia,
It is tough finding ancestors, but many find it to be great fun.

If you received your information from the PA Archives records, you can order copies of these records or make the photocopies at your local library. Most libraries carry these.
See the Revolutionary War Military Abstract Card File Indexes at: http://www.digitalarchives.state.pa.us/archive.asp?view=Arch...

You can also try these two sites: The Moser Genealogy and History Home Page at http://www.surf-ici.com/mosier

Berks Co. Pa at: http://www.rootsweb.com/~paberks/

If you would like to become a member of DAR there are members in your area who can help you with your application process. You will need to send me your name and address to my personal email at h0meb0und@aol.com and we will have someone contact you.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Joyce
DAR VIS Volunteer

“This is a free lookup service provided by DAR volunteers at the DAR message board.”

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Moser, Mosser, Mooser
I registered Weyerly and Valentine Moser (Father and son)
with both the DAR and the SAR. The DAR spells Weyerly's name as Mosser, Weierich. I also had this Valentine Moser's DAR records corrected, as they originally had him associated to a Moser near Amityville, which is far from where Weyerly and Valentine lived. Valentine built his home on land which Weyerly received a patent for. If anyone would like more information about these two, they can contact me at sassamanjohn@gmail.com. I submitted the DAR applications for my Aunt Mary Louise Johnson, and the SAR applications via my name. All records were approved, and the old existing incorrect ones for Valentine were flagged.

Posted: 12 Aug 2013 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Mooser, Moser
I knew I had seen this in the DAR book, but I was looking over someone else's shoulder, then couldn't find it when I got a chance. Thank you so much, John. Please let me know if you have anything additional.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions