Search for content in message boards

Batchelder family Plainfield,VT

Batchelder family Plainfield,VT

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 7:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Batchelder
Looking for decendents of Orvis Batchelder or Lewis Cheney Batchelder both lived in Plainfield/Barre, VT. Family moved from NH in early to mid 1700's to Plainfield. I have lots of photos and info on them would love to share with another decendent.

Re: Batchelder family Plainfield,VT

Posted: 2 Mar 2011 11:48PM GMT
I am looking for info on a Mahala Batchelder ,Born about 1800,married to John Hanson, and died 14 Dec 1895 in Corinth Vermont. was wondering if you have he in your family.

Posted: 3 Mar 2011 2:59AM GMT
Hi there,
No they don't ring a bell. Most of my Batchelder folks were born and stayed in either Barre or Plainfield VT.
Thanks so much for asking and good luck searching!
Doreen

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 4:57PM GMT
Doreen,

I have a Charles Batchelder, father of Elroy (Upstate NY. Elroy's death certificate gives Charles birthplace as Barre, VT. I have a page from a book that gives Ira as Charles's father, but I can't link the two in the census. Are these the same family you have?

kim

Posted: 1 Apr 2011 10:49PM GMT
Hi there,
No none of those folks are in my tree. Sorry I couldn't help.
Good luck with your search!
Doreen

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 4:09PM GMT
Thanks for checking

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 2:36AM GMT
I just saw your query from a year ago asking for info on Batchelder/Bachelder.I am searching for the parents/siblings of my g,g,grandfather Joseph Wentworth Bachelder. Born 26 Mar 1825 in Bethel, Windsor VT In Steuben Co. NY in 1850 and in Boone Co IL in 1860,1870 and 1880. In Mason City, Iowa in special census in 1885. Served two enlistments in Civil War from IL. Married first to Eliza Ann Wyckoff, second to Nancy Clark and Maria ? Occupation physician.No record of his birth in Bethel per Clerks Office.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic