Search for content in message boards

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS -

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS -

Posted: 21 Apr 2002 4:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lacey/Bolden/Joiner/Jenkins/Turner/
searching for LACEY family living in southern ILLINOIS in the 1800's. The only information I have is on JOHN LACEY born 1850 (per a census) married to Mary Bolden in Gallatin County, Illinois...they had four daughters....Mary and John are buried in Hardin County, Illinois. Would love to hear from anyone with information or connections to Lacey families in this area during this time period. Thank you!

Re: SOUTHERN ILLINOIS -

Sharon Lacey (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2002 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: Lacey, Lacy, De Lacy
I have a lot of information of a John Lacey line that starts in the 1600's. This John Lacey was born in TN in 23 Oct 1791. Son of Linel and Ann (Rankin) Lacey. Moved to IL sometime after 1802. He died in St Clair Co. IL on 11 Nov 1862. This family starts in VA then to TN/KY and then to IL then TX.

Posted: 10 Jan 2003 2:20AM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2005 1:23AM GMT

My g-g-g-grandfather was John Mahan (b1781 TN, per 1850 US census). He died in Randolph Co. IL in 1857. He married Rachel Lacey in same county in 1813. Her father was Reuben Lacey (b175? PA?/SC?, d1820 Randolph Co. IL), brother of Gen./Col. Edward Lacey of Chester Co./District SC. Their father was Edward Lacey, Sr.

Reuben Lacey's OTHER children were:
Daughters - Lethia (Bathiah, Mathias) married James Patterson; died 1829; Darkus married William Bilderback in 1810; Elizabeth (Betsey) married ___?___ Tindall; Mary (Polly) married ___?___ Cochran.
Sons - Edward b?, died 1821; John b?, was a very active member in early Randolph County society. He served on juries, was a State Representative, was a First Lieutenant in Capt. William Boon's Company of Mounted Volunteers in which John Mahan served. He married Rebecca Taggart in 1819, and he died in 1828.

Anything connect?

Posted: 24 May 2008 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: Lacey/Bradshaw
I am looking for information on a Mahala Lacey who married Enoch Bradshaw in Sangamon Co. IL in 1824. Could you contact me if this is your line? Thanks

Posted: 7 Oct 2008 4:04AM GMT
Surnames: Lacey
Sharon, I am searching for information on Mahala Lacey, born in early 1800's in KY. I have no information on her father or other family. If you have this name in your file, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Posted: 7 Oct 2008 4:11AM GMT
Do you know the names of the four daughters? I am searching for a Mahala Lacey, married in Sangamon Co. IL in 1824.

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 4:27PM GMT
I have extensive Family tree including Mahala who married James Hardin Lacy (Cousin), Grandchildren of Lionel Lacy and Great Grandchildren. Found Tombtones in Milstadt Illinois near Lacey Plantation,

Posted: 3 Nov 2008 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Lacey, Bradshaw
Sharon, do you know of a Mahala Lacey, born in <1805> in Kentucky. The person I am searching for married Enoch Bradshaw in 1824 in Sangamon County, IL. Would appreciate hearing from you.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 4:33PM GMT
Were they related to William and Malissa Lacey? William was married to Elizabeth Freeman first. They lived in HArdin COunty Ill. Parents of my great great grandfather James K Polk Lacey

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: lacey
Were they related to William and Malissa Lacey? William was married to Elizabeth Freeman first. They lived in HArdin COunty Ill. Parents of my great great grandfather James K Polk Lacey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic