Search for content in message boards

Amanda Peacock and Owens Brown

Amanda Peacock and Owens Brown

Shirley Renda (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 6:47PM GMT
I am trying to receive information re: Amanda Peacock, I know she was born in Alabama around 1859, married Owens Brown and moved to Holmes County Florida. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda Peacock

Posted: 10 May 2001 11:05AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:43AM GMT
I have an Amanda Peacock born 1843 in Carroll co. TN. Wonder if there might be a connection. i.e. maybe your Amanda might be daughter of one of my Amanda's siblings. Do you know anything about your Amanda's parents or ancestry. - Ray

Amanda Peacock

Shirley Renda to Ray Horton (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2001 5:56PM GMT
Dear Ray,
My Amanda Peacocks' parents were Elbert George Peacock and Nancy Smith, married 2 Aug 1849 in Randolph County Georgia. Amanda had a sister named Mary. Amanda married Owens Brown, they are listed in the 1880 Census for Homes County, Fl.

If you have any info, please keep in touch

Amanda Peacock

Posted: 10 May 2001 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:43AM GMT
Well, doesn't ring a bell. My Amanda, born 1843 in Carroll Co., TN. Her brothers were Dr. Rufus Wiley PEACOCK, my gg grandfather, and Barney W. PEACOCK. She also had five sisters. Rufus had just one child, a daughter Nettie, and I only know of one child for Barney, a son James, 7 Jan 1857 in Carroll County.
So I guess the name connection just a coincidence, unless there was some relationship father back, which may be the case.
There is an Elbert in my database b. 1829 who moved to Decatur Co., Ga. Don't know who his children were. Parents were Exum PEACOCK (b.1807) and Martha BARNES; his parents were Daniel PEACOCK (b 1784)and Demaris PEACOCK, two cousins. Daniel was older brother of my ggg grandfather Wiley PEACOCK, father of my Amanda. Daniel and Wiley were two of 10 children of Jesse (b. c.1747)and Elizabeth PEACOCK, Wayne Co., NC. Don't know if this Elbert might be same as yours. Years would be right b. 1829, and your Elbert married 1849. I have him married to Delilah CRAWFORD, NEE TRULUCK, but maybe this a second wife. Does this seem to connect? - Ray

Amanda Peacock

Ray Horton (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2001 2:15AM GMT
Dear Ray, I believe we have two different Amandas. Mine was born in Alabama, moved to Holmes County Florida and married Owens Brown, they are the parents of my grand-father, John Wesley Brown. You can view my family tree on My Family.com, under the title of John Wesley Brown Family. Any further questions, please keep in touch, and I hope you find out some info. Shirley

Amanda Peacock

Ray Horton (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2001 5:47PM GMT
Dear Ray, I think I might have located your Amanda. E-mail Don Peacock @aol.com. He is head of the Peacock e-mail group. Has access to 40,000 Peacock family members. Might be of help. Keep in touch if you have any information I can use. Shirley , email address: shirlena@gateway.net if you would like to keep in touch

Re: Amanda Peacock

Posted: 29 Mar 2009 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Anonymous,
I believe your Amanda is the same one Im researching. I have an Amanda married to George Owen Brown in the Walton and Holmes County area. Im related through George. Im trying to figure out if they had a son William Hampton Brown. Which would make George my GGGGrandfather. I have a double connection with George, his sister Angeline married a Henry Padgett in my line. Hope You can help,

Re: Amanda Peacock and Owens Brown

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 4:43AM GMT
This is my great grandprents. I remember sending you a message before. I do not remember on what family member.
How are you related to my grandparents. He is buried in the old Brownell Cemetery (now know as Hudson Hill) beside his mother. Mandy is buried at Sandy Creek Cemetery. Please send me a message. Would love to hear from you.

Re: Amanda Peacock

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 4:49AM GMT
No they had a son William Daniel W.D. Brown burried in Sandy Creek cemetery. We could be of a great helk to each other. Owen Browns Father was from Ohio.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions