Search for content in message boards

Stringfellow of AL and MS

Stringfellow of AL and MS

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Apr 2006 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: Stringfellow
Looking for someone who is doing active research on Reuben Stingfellow, and his son Reuben Jr.and wives of MS and AL to compare and cite sources.

Re: Stringfellow of AL and MS

Andie Stringfellow (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2003 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: STRINGFELLOW
I'm also doing research on the Reuben Stringfellows. I haven't been able to locate much information but I would be glad to compare notes with you.

In my branch of the Stringfellow family, my great-grandfather was also a Reuben Stringfellow. He was born in Mississippi about 1848 and settled in the SW Arkansas area. He was raised under the household of Robert Stringfellow (who ultimately settled in Hempstead Co AR) but I suspect there could be a connection with the two previous Reuben Stringfellows whom I think you are referring to in your posting.

The strong family legend is that I come from a "long line of Reubens" so I'm trying to nail down if the Robert who raised my great-grandfather was the younger Reuben Stringfellow's brother (son of the elder Reuben) and if so was he raising the younger Reuben's child, and if so why?

I would love to compare notes with you if you would like to e-mail me.

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Stringfellow of AL and MS
Andie,
We are researching the same family. I tried to reach you by email but it was undeliverable. Please try my email <sarahcporter@yahoo.com> Thanks.

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2003 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: Stringfellow, Shipp, Heather
I am also researching Reuben Stringfellow 1848 MS -1919 AR. You may email me at papester@aol.com to compare notes.

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 10:08PM GMT
Surnames: Stringfellow
Sarah, I have been researching Reuben Stringfellow for some time, and have quite a bit of information to share with you, hoping always to find more.

Does this information fit yours?

John Reuben Stringfellow, born c 1775, doed 13 Jun 1859 in AL, burial unknown. Married to Elizabeth Unknown. He was the son of Richard Stringfellow and Elizabeth Weaver.

I show five chilren to this marriage:
-John Reuben Stringfellow Jr, born 19 Jan 1810 in GA, died Dec 1880, prob in Calhoun Co. MS. Married 29 Aug 1835 to Ann McCrory (1810-1869). They adopted one son Jefferson Wiacht Park Stringfellow, the son of John Reuben's sister.
-William Robert Stringfellow, born 1818, died 1 Nov 1882 in Hempstead Co. AR; married before 1839 to Sarah Shipp, 2nd to Ursley Caroline McDonald. He had a son named Reuben Jefferson Stringfellow (1848-1919).
--Female Stringfellow, could have been named Elizabeth, died about age 14-1/2 during childbirth of Jefferson Wiacht Parks. Her husband could have been a Henry Parks.
--James Madison Stringfellow, born ca 1818 in GA. He is listed 1850 AL Census in Conecuh Co. and possibly in 1860 Chickasaw Co. MS Census.
--Andrew Jackson Stringfellow. Could be listed in 1860 Bibb Co.

Let me know what you think, let's do compare notes.

Posted: 18 Mar 2004 2:09AM GMT
Joe,
Reuben Stringfellow, Sr. had 8 children including the 5 you listed and 3 unproven daughters. But 2 of the daughters with their families [Sims and Vanlandingham] are listed in early Chester Co. SC Census with Reuben Stringfellow.
Reuben Stringfellow, Jr. according to records had more than 1 wife and lived with others. Where did you find that his name was also "John" ?
I have Robert as Robert E. Stringfellow.
Andrew Jackson Stringfellow's mother I believe was Eliz but I think there is a possibility that Reuben Sr. may have had another wife since Andrew J. was born later that the others. I don't know what happened to him after Reuben Sr. died. But there is a marriage for him.
I am a descendant of Dawson Vanlandingham and Edward Sims whose wives were Stringfellows.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions