Search for content in message boards

SWINNEY\\SWANY

SWINNEY\\SWANY

K. L. SWINT (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
SWINNEY, James F. b abt 1788\\90 NC. Father given as James SWANEY or John SWINNEY removed to Grayson Co. VA. James F. mar 1807 Grayson Co. VA. Elizabeth BYRD. Who was James F. SWINNEY's father? K. L. SWINT

SWINNEY

susan swinney (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
I do not have information as to the father of James F. Swinney. I do have limited information about James and his children and there were from Grayson county and Carroll county in Virginia. This is my husband's line - do you have more information about these Swinney's? My husband's great great grandfather was Anderson Swinney, son of James and Mourning Byrd Swinney. Thanks. Susan Swinney

Re: SWINNEY\\SWANY

Posted: 20 Dec 2001 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2001 3:07AM GMT
My family goes back to the Swinney's wonder if we are related. They were mostly all from Grayson. My grandfather was James Lonnie SHupe, his father was James Harvey Shupe, who marriedRutha Farmer, James Harvey Shupes parents were Jeremiah Shupe and Serna Swinney. Mourning Byrd and Mourning were before them. Do you think there is a connection. I hope so, since my dad WOrth Lon Shoop died a year ago, we have been working on his ancesters, Wish we would have done it before. He would have been so tickled. Thanks for your time Mary (SHOOP) Joslin

Re: SWINNEY

Posted: 26 Dec 2001 7:39AM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2001 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Swinney, Byrd, Farmer, Shupe
I am also trying to find out information on Swinney and Mourning Byrd.I know from my self, going back, my Dad was Worth Lon Shoop, son of James Lonnie Shupe and Viola Mae Boyer. James Lonnie Shupe, my grandfather, mother was Rutha Farmer, who was married to James Harvey Shupe then it goes to Swinney and Morning Byrd, I think. pretty close any way. I am still trying to find information. I know most of my family was from Grayson, Va. But would like to find out if anyone has pictures, or knows what they were like, anything, to kind of put together what they were like. Thank you Mary

Mary Joslin (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2001 11:07PM GMT
Our line goes from James Swinney married MourningByrd (Elizebeth) Jan 23, 1831 Child Serena Swinney B 1833 Married Jeremiah Shupe, Thats where our line of Shupes comes in.All these were in or around Grayson Co. Va. DO you have any information as to our Cherokee roots. Was Mourning Byrd full cherokee? Where was the cherokee reservation around there, Sure appreciate your help Mary Joslin Marly Braziel (SHOOP)

Re: SWINNEY

Winston Sweeney (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2006 2:39AM GMT
Do you have any info on a Nathan Swinney?
Posted: 14 Sep 2010 7:12AM GMT
Surnames: Swinney
Susan - I believe I have the connection to the Swinney's of
James Fletcher Swinney, Jr. Maybe the James F. Swinney who came over from Ireland was his father, James F. Swinney, SR.

Do you think this is possible as all my family is from Grayson and Caroll County, VA.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Janice J. Stanley

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 7:26AM GMT
Surnames: Swinney
I may have a connection to the byrd/swinney connection.
My family is from Walter and Callie Swinney and John Esau Swinney. My mother tells me of the Byrd/Swinney connection.

Janice Stanley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic