Search for content in message boards

Photos of tombstones in Woodland Cemetery, London, Ontario

Photos of tombstones in Woodland Cemetery, London, Ontario

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 3:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can take pictures upon request.

Re: Photos of tombstones in Woodland Cemetery, London, Ontario (Kent, Harrison)

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 8:53PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2014 12:06PM GMT
Surnames: Kent, Harrison, Gibbons
Hello, I just posted a new thread, but maybe I'm meant to just reply here:

Hi,

I'm looking for the death date of a Canadian authoress, and am led to believe she is at Woodland Cemetery.

Name: Edna Louisa (Kent) Harrison, (11 June 1885 - ?), wife of George William Harrison (7 March 1878 - ?)

I know that Edna's parents are there, so I am hoping she might be, as well.

Father: Malcolm John Kent (10 May 1854 - 27 December 1928)
Mother: Annie Louisa (Gibbons) Kent (8 August 1854 - 5 July 1916)

Thanks for any help anyone can offer! I'm new to these forums, and very appreciative.

Best,
Linnea McNally
The Canadian Writing Research Collaboratory

Re: Photos of tombstones in Woodland Cemetery, London, Ontario (James and Adelaide Garrick)

Posted: 5 Nov 2011 7:15PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2014 12:07PM GMT
Surnames: Garrick
I would be very interested in photos of the tombstones of James and Adelaide Garrick. I understand they are buried in Woodland. Thank you!

Re: Photos of tombstones in Woodland Cemetery, London, Ontario (Kent, Harrison)

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 4:50PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2014 12:06PM GMT
Surnames: Kent, Harrison
I checked with the office at Woodland Cemetery and they do not have an Edna Louisa (Kent) Harrison or George William Harrison listed in their records.

I did get photos of her parents monument if you would like them though.

Re: Photos of tombstones in Woodland Cemetery, London, Ontario (James and Adelaide Garrick)

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 5:43PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2014 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Garrick
I have the photos you requested. I noticed the Baker surname on the Garrick monument and there is another monument beside the Garrick one that is the same design as the Garrick monument and the surname on it is Baker. I took photos of it as well just in case it may also connect to you somehow.

I tried earlier to put the photos of the Garrick monument on ancestry as an attachment but they didn't show up so either I did something wrong or they were too large or maybe someone is proofreading the message. I'm going to try to attach just one and see what happens this time. If it doesn't show up, you may contact me privately through ancestry with an e-mail address I could send them to.

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 7:36PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 25 Nov 2011 12:21AM GMT
Tried one more angle. Hope it works.
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 11:29PM GMT
Thanks so much for your trouble! Many missing pieces of information on these tomstones and a new connection to figure out too!

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 2:26PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2014 12:59PM GMT
Surnames: Baker
You are most welcome. No trouble at all. I like taking photos and these digital cameras are like the best thing since sliced bread.

If you ever decide you need the photos from the Baker monument right next to the Garrick monument just let me know. The names on it are Emma S. Baker, d/o Charles A. & Mary Ann Baker, Maggie A. Baker, Mary Ann, w/o Charles A. Baker, and Charles A. Baker. I'll save those photos for you.

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 6:55PM GMT
Please do send the others if you wouldn't mind. Never know when I may need some more branches on the tree!

Posted: 24 Nov 2011 10:47PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 25 Nov 2011 12:20AM GMT
Transcription

Row 49 - Section R - Stone #7

GARRICK (red/gray granite)

James Garrick
died Dec. 31, 1896 aged 77 yrs.
native of Orkney, Scotland
Reginald G./son of G. W. & G. E. Baker
died July 27, 1901 aged 10 mos.

Adelaide/wife of James Garrick
born 1835 died 1911

Capt. Chas. W. Baker
beloved husband of Gertrude Hooper
died of wounds
buried in Nunhead Cemetery, London, Eng.
1871-1917

Row 49 - Section R - Stone #8

BAKER (red/gray granite)

Emma S. Baker
dau. of Charles A. & Mary Ann Baker
died Oct. 26, 1943 aged 87 yrs.
Maggie A. Baker/1861-1958

Mary Ann/wife of Charles A. Baker
born June 27, 1828-died Sept. 18, 1870

In memory of Charles A. Baker
born Dec. 18, 1823 died Feb. 16, 1891

I noticed I didn't get a photo of the side with Charles A. Baker on it. I will do that tomorrow.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions