Search for content in message boards

Ponsonby

Ponsonby

Posted: 8 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ponsonby
Minnie Frederica PONSONBY was born in Kerry 1833.
Father Thomas PONSONBY a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy in 1853 when Minnie Frederica married William HARTSHORN in Dublin.
I am trying to find out anything about Minnie Frederica. I believe her family had a coat of arms, the Heralds gave William HARTSHORN her husband permission to have their two coats of arms joined.
Roy.
Posted: 10 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 5:35AM GMT
The Ponsonby family in Kerry, lived in the Kilflynn area.
This is about six miles from Tralee, the capital.

If you have not done so already, it might be worth a look
at the Mormon site on line for Ponsonby records.
www.familysearch.org has many records for the family,
including some from the Kerry area.
Someone has already done the pedigree chart, for the family,
and I think it is available on CD rom.
You can find out how to obtain it from the Mormon site on
line.
You may find your Ponsonby line in there.

The family does include Lords and Ladies, and there are
many connections to follow, including some marriages with
the Blennerhassett family too.

Re: Ponsonby

Posted: 24 Aug 2001 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 4:19PM GMT
Do you know who William Hartshorn's parents were/

Posted: 3 Nov 2001 7:25AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2002 10:04PM GMT
I am descended from Alice Ponsonby Crotto Kilflyn Co Kerry married Peacocke in 1714 in Limerick. Have furthe information if you are interested.

Posted: 6 Nov 2001 9:29PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 5:00PM GMT
Hello
Thank you for your message re PONSONBY.
Unfortunately Roy a dear friend died last year. I still take messages on behalf of his sister who dosn't have a computer.
I live in Manchester, Lynn lives in Birmingham. I forward everything to her, and we will be most interested in Crotto. WE believe Minnie Frederica PONSONBY to have been born there to Thomas (possibly Carrique)Ponsonby R.N. Whilst we are almost certain this is her father we cannot prove it definately. Her marriage cert, to William Hartshorn 1855 states her father to be Thomas PONSONBY Lieutenant. Minnie would have been born approx 1933 from census entries herein England. We presume it is the Thomas of Crotto House because the naval records only contain one Thomas Lieutenant and this is him.
We would be most gratefull for any help we can get on the problem. If you are descended from a PONSONBY od Crotto then if the above is correct you will be distantly related to Lynn Barrington, born Hartshorn.
Yours Jan

Posted: 18 Nov 2001 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2002 4:19AM GMT
By giving only the name William Hartshorn and not where he was born or when, it is a little difficult to answer your question. My great uncle was William Hartshorn most of the family were born in Illinois and then migrated to Nebraska. If this is the one you are looking for let me know. Anita

jan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2001 7:41AM GMT
Anita
William HH was born 1810 in Fermoy Ireland to William HH and Catherine Walsh. If you send me an e mail to
januk@cwcom.net
I will send more details and details of their careers.
His father William HH was born 1748 in Basford Nottingham England. I knowhe was a little old to produce kids but he managed 2 others. Richard 1817 in Limmerick and John 1818 in Limmerick. This William is buried in St Munchins Limmerick, he died in 1827.

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 5:52AM GMT
Hello again
Yes I certainly am descended from the Crotto Ponsonby Family. The Cromwellain Henry was an ancestor of mine. I have visited the site of Crotto House (destroyed by the Black and Tans). Read manuscripts and have a photocopy of a book on the Ponsonby family. I have also visted the site of the home of Henry's brother John Ponsonby another Cromwellian. I am happy to provide further information via e mail

Re: Ponsonby and Peacocke

Nanette Perry (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2002 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: Peacocke, Bridges
I am looking for any connection to Ponsonby Stephen Peacocke, b. abt 1825 +/- in England m. Isabella Ann Bridges. Their issue included a son, Reginald Thomas Stephen Peacocke b. 1854 in Madeira, Canary Islands.
Do you have any links in your research?

Re: Ponsonby and Peacocke

Gina Pinkas (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2002 4:14AM GMT
I have lots of information on the Ponsonby Peacoke family you are researching- before Ponsonby Stephen Peacocke and after in terms of those who went to New Zealand. My Ponsonby and Peacoke families are also connected but separated earlier from the ones you are researching. If you send email address happy to provide information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic