Search for content in message boards

Louisiana Training Institute

Louisiana Training Institute

Posted: 14 Aug 2006 3:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
I had an uncle at the La Training Institute in 1927-1929 (he died there) and can't locate anyone that knows where the old files are located. Can someone help me with this? Or at least have any ideas of where I can look or who I can contact? Thanks very much, Carol

Re: Louisiana Training Institute

Posted: 2 May 2007 2:46AM GMT
I assume you mean the detention center for juveniles located on the far southsideof monroe along Hwy 165. My cousin worked there for many years. you can look him up in the monroe phone book. Robert Dhu Thompson

Posted: 2 May 2007 3:01AM GMT
Yes, that's it. I'll look him up.

Thank you,

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 6:15PM GMT
This school , especially in the pre 1940's housed children taken from parents or parent who were considered unfit ( morally , financially , emotionally , or mentally)or unable to care for their children as well as the incorrigible . In its early years it did not even have a fence about it . It was built as if it was as an additional neighbor hood . The boys help build the roads , buildings , sidewalks etc as part of their training . My father was removed because his widowed mother became pregnant out of wed lock and a moral complaint was made because of that pregnacy .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions