Search for content in message boards

Joseph Geary (1822 – 1876; Latrobe, PA)

Joseph Geary (1822 – 1876; Latrobe, PA)

Brian Geary (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2005 3:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Geary
Does anyone have information on Joseph Geary (1822 – 1876; Latrobe, PA) married to Margaret Geary (1829; PA – 1902; Latrobe, PA)? Children include James E., John Martin, George B., Catherine, and Joseph. I am a descendent of John Martin Geary and have considerable information on the lineage of George B. Geary. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Brian C. Geary

Re: Joseph Geary (1822 – 1876; Latrobe, PA)

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 11:35PM GMT
I believe Joseph Geary was married to Margaret R.Felbaum, dob July 1829. Would appreciate any info you can provide on George B Geary or Joseph and Margaret.
Thanks

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 5:57PM GMT
I have Joseph Geary married to Margaret A. Caldwell, b.1829, Westmoreland, PA d.1902 Latrobe. George B. Geary married Margaret R. Felbaum, (Marg) b.9 Sep 1862 Youngstown, d. 1936 Latrobe. George owned the Geary furniture store in Latrobe and is my ggrandfather. Louis Geary was one of his sons. I have a picture of George and a son in the store. I have the tree posted. sanjim76 is the user to see which one of the listings. Jim Geary

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 6:21PM GMT
Hi Brian:

My Mother Patricia Geary (Lenz) is the daughter of Joseph Albert Geary (1893-1978).

My mother's fraternal grandmother we believe was Margaret Felbaum.

We also think that George C. was my mother's grandfather...but we are trying to piece more of it together to make sure

Not sure if this helps, but my mother's father (Joseph Albert) had his own store in Latrobe...Geary's Market, it was on Main Street. He was a WWI vet (a cook on ship) He married Theresa Isabelle Johnston in 1919.

Hope this helps...please do not hesitate to reach out...I myself would enjoy and love to find more out about my Geary roots.

Best,

Marty Lenz
Lafayette, CA
contactlenz@comcast.net

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 4:01AM GMT
Hi Jim:

Was doing some family tree work and saw your info.

I am the grandson of Joseph Albert Geary...whose father was George. He would be by my account my Great Grand Father as well. Which means that my Grand Father would be your Uncle, right?

Joseph Albert (my grand dad) had his own grocery store Geary's Market, on Main Street in Latrobe.

My mother is Patricia Geary (Lenz)...she lives in Denver (where we all grew up) and is 73 (just to give you more info) and herself was 1 of 7 children, the youngest, so she would be your first cousin. We were all born in PA except my youngest sibling (I am one of 6 kids).

I also have an Uncle Joe Geary, who is the oldest son of Joseph Albert and Theresa Isabelle (Johnston)married in 1919...he turns 90 this Spring.

I more info and would love to get more from you as well if you deem fit.

Thanks so much.

Respectfully,

Martin Lenz
contactlenz@comcast.net

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 4:12AM GMT
Hi Jim:

Was doing some family tree work and saw your info.

I am the grandson of Joseph Albert Geary...whose father was George. He would be by my account my Great Grand Father as well. Which means that my Grand Father would be your Uncle, right?

Joseph Albert (my grand dad) had his own grocery store Geary's Market, on Main Street in Latrobe.

My mother is Patricia Geary (Lenz)...she lives in Denver (where we all grew up) and is 73 (just to give you more info) and herself was 1 of 7 children, the youngest, so she would be your first cousin once removed. We were all born in PA except my youngest sibling (I am one of 6 kids). You and I would be first cousins. I think I have that right.

I also have an Uncle Joe Geary, who is the oldest son of Joseph Albert and Theresa Isabelle (Johnston)married in 1919...he turns 90 this Spring.

I more info and would love to get more from you as well if you deem fit.

Thanks so much.

Respectfully,

Martin Lenz
contactlenz@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic