Search for content in message boards

Preston Goforth of NC

Preston Goforth of NC

kelly edward weaver (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2001 4:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Need info on ancestors of Preston Goforth born 1739 in NC. I have his lineage as William4,William3, Miles2, George1. I need the full names and date and location of these four's birth.

Re: Preston Goforth of NC

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 4:00PM GMT
Kelly,
PRESTON GOFORTH JR., b. June 3, 1749 in Rutherford Co., NC, m. NANCY ELIZABETH "Betty" POTTS, is my direct ancestor. You have missed a step I think. PRESTON GOFORTH SR. is his father, b. May 20, 1714 in Talbot Co., Maryland. It's always good in doing genealogy research to list names, dates and places.

If PRESTON GOFORTH, JR. is in your direct line I would like to correspond with you. I have much information on these Goforths, and we could share.
Martha

Kelly Edward Weaver (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2002 7:50PM GMT
Martha

I would like to share with you. I have some information which may be useful.

Do you have a John Kelly Goforth in your records? He is my ggg?uncle born in Cleveland County, NC in 1857, died in 1942. He is my namesake....I've been trying to find the name Kelly in his ancestors and eventually trace it back to Ireland/Scotland or Yorkshire, England where our Goforth line seems to have originated.

Hope to hear from you soon

Kelly

Regina Haynes (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2002 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: Goforth, Riley
Preston Goforth Jr is in my direct line. He was my gggg grfather. I would like to share info with anyone who is related through Preston Goforth Jr. b. 1739, George Goforth b. 1778, Johnson Goforth b. 1810 or William Johnson Goorth b. 1850. I am specifically looking for information on my grandmother Lalla Bess Goforth b. 2/6/1895 to William Johnson Goforth and Mary Alice Wright. Lalla married a Henry Grady Settlemyer who died in 1924 and then married my grandfather Marshall Luther Riley. Lalla Bess Goforth died in Gastonia,. NC in 1958. Any Help would be appreciated!!!

Regina

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 5:15PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2005 12:02AM GMT
Regina, as I think I stated before Preston Goforth Jr., b. 1739 in Rutherford Co., NC is in my direct line as well - my 4th great grandfather. Also George Goforth, b. 1778 in Cleveland Co., NC is my 3rd great grandfather. You and I are surely cousins.

I descend like this:
Preston Goforth, Jr. 1739
George Goforth 1778
Sarah Martha Goforth 1814 (a sister to your Johnson Goforth)

I will email you off-line so that we may share information on this Goforth Family. We need to talk.
Martha

Posted: 26 Sep 2002 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: Goforth
Kelly,I am related to Preston Goforth.You can e-mail me at palmtrees@hpcisp.com,and I will write you back I promise.I doing the Goforth Family Tree.Hope you get this message. Sandy

Posted: 26 Sep 2002 2:10PM GMT
Hi! I have information on all of them.We go all the the way back to Yorkshire,England.The year is 1564, or 1565.You can e-mail me at palmtrees@hpcisp.com,and I write back.Let me know if you read this. Sandy

Kelly Edward Weaver (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2002 3:53PM GMT
Hi Sandy

My question is about a more recent ancestor, John Kelly Goforth, born in Cleveland Cty, NC in 1857. He is my great grand uncle and I have inherited his (middle) name. My maternal grandfather, Andrew Kelly Falls, also inherited the name.

My question is: what is the origin of "Kelly" in the Goforth family tree.

Thanks for any light you can shed. Please email me @ kelly2929@attbi.com

Kelly

Kim Goforth Tongel (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2002 10:14PM GMT
John Kelly was my Great Gradnfather. I even have a picture of him. If you'd like to email me I will send you what I can. I just finished my papers for the Daughters of the American Reveloution.. Please let me know where you live this is soooo cool.
Thank you Kim Goforth Tonge

Kim Goforth Tongel (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2002 10:14PM GMT
John Kelly was my Great Gradnfather. I even have a picture of him. If you'd like to email me I will send you what I can. I just finished my papers for the Daughters of the American Reveloution.. Please let me know where you live this is soooo cool.
Thank you Kim Goforth Tonge
per page

Find a board about a specific topic