Search for content in message boards

Isaac Berry

Posted: 14 Nov 2005 2:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berry, Hale
I'm looking for information on the ancestry & siblings of Isaac Berry. He was born 1760 in Ireland. He married Jane Hale (b. 1762 in Ireland) in 1780 in Montgomery Co., VA. Isaac died 1820 in Floyd Co., KY. He & Jane had 7 children and I have pretty good information on them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Isaac Berry

Posted: 23 Mar 2008 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: Kelly, Burton, Moore, Gibson, Potenza, Crabtree
Have you found any information regarding Isaac's Irish roots. I haven't found any, other than the Berry Book by Dr. A? He didn't list any kind of source for his information.

My line goes
Isaac/Jane
Isaac/Nancy Kelly
William M/Elizabeth Burton
James Madison/Tabitha Moore Thompson
William M/Nancy Gibson (Nannie or Nana)
Eugene/Alberta Potenza
Patrick/Still Living Crabtree
Me

Posted: 23 Mar 2008 4:09PM GMT
No, I haven't. Actually I've been working other lines and haven't looked at this one in a while.

Melinda

Posted: 23 Jun 2008 7:38PM GMT
I am a descendent of Nancy Berry, d/o Nathan Berry and Elizabeth (Chafin or Redden). I can't be sure of her maiden name. They lived in Fayette Co. WV(Va.) from 1840 until 1870. I have found a marriage bond record for a marriage between Nathan Berry and Elizabeth Redden in Floyd Co. Ky. on Nov 26, 1818. However, infomation from a family member gives Elizabeth's maiden name as Chafin. There was a family of Chafins in Floyd Co. Ky in the early 1800's, also. The only Reddens that I have found are the ones in Fayette and Raleigh Co. WV. I can't be sure that this is the Nathan Berry that I am looking for. The marrige bond was signed by Iaasc Berry and Nathan Berry. Elizabeth was signed for by her stepfather, William Adkins and her mother, Hannah Adkins. Atkins is another one of the direct lines that I am researching so it is very intriguing. Do you have any information on the Nathan Berry that I believe was the son of Iaasc Berry? My ancestor,Nancy Berry, was said to be born in "Big Sandy, Cabell Co, Va" on the death certicate of one of her sons. That is just across the Big Sandy River from Floyd Co, Ky. As you can see, I have bits and pieces of the story but not enough to tie it all together. Do you have any other information that I can use?
Thanks, Nancy Bandy

Posted: 23 Jun 2008 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Berry, Hale, Redden
My information comes from Kelly Bialk's gedcom on WorldConnect. Kelly's email is kellybialk@yahoo.com The URL for WorldConnect is worldconnect.rootsweb.com

This information shows Nathan Berry as the son of Isaac Berry & Jane Hale. He married Elizabeth Redden on Nov. 26, 1814 in Floyd Co., KY. Elizabeth was born 1798.

Melinda

Posted: 24 Jun 2008 2:52PM GMT
Nancy,
I too am a descendant of Nathan Berry or at least I believe I am. I also have Adkins in my family. Mine changed the t to a d.
You can email me directly at bertagerta@aol.com and we can try to sort it out.
My paternal grandmother was a Berry and my paternal grandfather was an Adkins. If you have done much research at all you have found that the names intertwined alot.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Robin Wheeler

Posted: 1 Apr 2010 10:59AM GMT
I just published The Issac Berry Family Tree Book. Contact me if you would like to purchase one. It is 250 pages, 14 X 11 Bonded leather and cost $275.00. I can email it to you so you can view it. Just let me know at peggy.borth@thomaswv.org

Peggy Berry Borth

Posted: 1 Apr 2010 11:02AM GMT
I just published the Isaac Berry Family Tree book. The book is 14 X 11, black bonded leather, 250 pages. If you would like to view the book, email me at peggy.borth@thomaswv.org.

Peggy Berry Borth

Posted: 1 Apr 2010 11:05AM GMT
I just published the Isaac Berry Family Tree Book. If you would like to view this book, email me at peggy.borth@thomaswv.org.

Peggy Berry Borth

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 9:32PM GMT
I am related to Isaac Berry and would be glad to share info with you. Please contact me cliffsharsane@yahoo.com. My grandfather was Everett Berry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic