Search for content in message boards

TEEDS

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: COLE, WADE, WARD
I am searching fot Parents of Daniel and Moses Teed b in the early 1800's. I am also searching for any info on William Cole, he was married to Kezia Wade/Ward. In the 1851 shw was a widow, she was 55 , her son Marvin was 31 and her dau. Sarah was 12. By 1861 Sarah was married to Moses Teed son of Daniel. Any info would be greatly appreciated. All of the family members were from Sackville, Wesrmoreland Co. Janette

Teed (or Tidd)

Mark Edlund (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Raworth, Lane, Steeves, Jones
The 1861 census of Sackville has 4 Tidd's (not Teed's). Allowing for spelling of the time this could be your group. There is a Mosses (sp) Tidd as a 29 year old Methodist Labourer married to a 21 year old Sarah. There are two children; Albert 4 and William 2. There is a Kesiah Cole living with them who is 63 years old and listed as the mother in law.
There is also a Daniel and Mary Tidd (55 and 53 respectively), and Daniel and Sarah Jane Tidd (31 and 31) and a John and Mary Tidd (61 and 56). If you would like information on these families, let me know.

This information is from Ken Kanner's excellent transcription of the 1861 census of Westmorland County.

Re: Teed (or Tidd)

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 1:30AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 2:41AM GMT
The Moses Tidd in the 1861 Sackville census is deffinately my gr. grandfather Moses Teed. He married Sarah Cole in 1857. in Sackville. Daniel and Mary Tidd may be his parents and Keshia Cole must be my gr gr grandmother. Any info you could send me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Teed (or Tidd)

Mark Edlund (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2001 2:13AM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Raworth, Steeves, Lane, Jones, Gunning
I have not done any research myself on the Teed or Tidd family. However, here is the information from Kanner's transcription of the 1861 census for Sackville Parish on Mosses Tidd.

Tidd Mosses 29yo born in New Brunswick Labourer Methodist
Sarah 21yo NB Methodist
Albert 4yo son NB Methodist
William 2yo son NB Methodist
Kesiah mother in law 63yo NB Baptist
Posted: 11 Oct 2001 3:25AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 2:41AM GMT
How did you find out that Moses Teed born 1832 was the son of Daniel and Mary. I thought they might me but have not seen the census. Moses and Sarah Teed ended their days in Randolph, Massachusetts .If you find the Parents of Moses or more about Kezia and William Cole please let me know.

Re: TEEDS

Lois Teed Waller (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2002 7:12PM GMT
Janette. I am looking for information on Kesiah and William Cole. I have been told that Kesiah is Kesia Lockhart who married John Cole. Sarah Cole Teed's death notice said her parents were William Cole and Sarah Wade. So you see It is a real mess. Any info you could share will be great. The info I got from Doug Ayers Web Page Has Keshia the daughter of Timothy Lockhart and Elizabeth Teed, but Teed records do not confirm her as one of their Chilldren .Any info on the Wade's will help I hope. Thaks Lois (great granddaughter of Moses Teed and Sarah Cole)

Mark Edlund (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2002 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Raworth, Jones, Lane, Steeves
In the 1861 census for Sackville parish there is an interesting entry for Mosses (sic) Tidd.

Mosses Tidd 29yo Labourer born in New Brunswick
Sarah 21 yo wife
Albert 4yo son
William 2yo son

AND
Kesiah Cole 63yo Mother in Law (born in New Brunswick)

Any help?

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 5:08PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Teed, Lockhart, Cole
The Sarah who married Moses Tidd/Teed was Sarah Cole, d/o John Cole and Keziah Lockhart. She had a brother Marvin. Look in the 1851 census of Sackville where Keziah Cole and her two children are enumerated with Timothy Lockhart.

Posted: 20 Apr 2002 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: TEED ,Cole, Lockhart
Lori, Please Contact me, i have all kindas of info for you, I am a gg grandaughter of Moses and Sarah (Cole) Teed My address is Janetkirwan@adelphia.net
Posted: 2 Jul 2002 6:35PM GMT
Surnames: Teed
Hi Janette, I sent a e-mail to adelphia and haven't had a reply My E-mail is logwaller@charter.net Sounds like we are cousins. Hope this gets through. Lois Teed Waller
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions