Search for content in message boards

Stoops

Posted: 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 May 2006 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: Stoops, Williams, Speaks
STOOPS - David Stoops (1770-1854) and wife (1) Abigail Williams (1779-1822 Marion Co. IN) offspring were: (born in Fayette Co. KY): William, Nancy, Robert, John, Thomas, Jane, Rachel; (born in Franklin Co. IN): Richard, (born in AL): James, Elijah and David Jr.; wife (2) Elizabeth Speaks (1802-1861) had: (born in Marion Co. IN): Elizabeth, Noah, Samuel, Alfred, Mary, Henry Clay, Elizabeth, Madison, Elijah, Catherine and Anderson. Would like to exchange information about this prolific family.

Stoops Family

Posted: 3 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: STOOPS, VINCENT
I have a little information on this Stoops family. Two of the children, Robert and Nancy married into my VINCENT family. Please write me and I'll be happy to share what I have.

Re: Stoops Family

Posted: 3 Jun 2002 7:12PM GMT
Are Robert and Nancy Stoops of the Christopher Stoops (b 1612) line? Are they part of the Robert, Allen, David and Thomas group that were married to Ralstons? Ernest Stoops

Betty (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2002 2:30PM GMT
Robert and Nancy Stoops were the children of David Stoops and Abigail Williams. Their other children were William, John, Thomas, Jane, Rachel, Richard, James, Elijah, & David Jr. I don't have a Christopher in my database.

Posted: 12 Dec 2004 3:21AM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2006 8:52PM GMT
David and Abigail Williams Stoops
David is a direct descendant of Christopher Stope/Stoops who arrived VA (Norfolk) in 1635 on ship "Safety" out of Gravesend, England, John Graunt, Master. If you want more, let me know.
Ernie <dtsess@aol.com>

Posted: 28 May 2013 12:17AM GMT
Hello:

I read your posts and am interested in any research you may have on Christopher Stope. Our ancestor is Robert Stoops, son of David and Abigail. Do we know where Christopher settled or anything about his life in England? Was he affiliated with a relgious group or did he go into farming (maybe tobacco) in Virginia? Thanks for any info!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic