Search for content in message boards

Dempsey Thompson

Dempsey Thompson

Posted: 27 Oct 2001 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Nov 2001 8:55PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson -Cole - Kennedy
I am looking for descendants of Dempsey and Jane Kennedy Thompson who lived near Vivian La in the 1860-1880 time period. I am related to this line through their daughter Dorcas Elizabeth

Re: Dempsey Thompson

Ronald Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2001 9:22PM GMT
Hello, My name is Ron Thompson and my gggg grandfather, John Thompson lived and died in Caddo Parish. He had a relative Joseph Thompson who lived, I think in the Vivian area in the mid to late 1800's. Might be that he and I are related to you through him.

One of John Thompson's daughters, Nancy Thompson married William Iles, Jr.,in Mississippi and the went to Caddo parish with John. William Iles, jr died with a will. I have a copy of it. In the probate of that will Nancy mentions that she wants Joseph Thompson to be the second testor for her two minor children. That to me indicates that he was a relative.

Please contact me if you think this might mean something.

Ron Thompson

Ronald Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2001 9:37PM GMT
David,

Another important point. the name Dempsey appears several times in my Thompson line.?

Ron Thompson

Posted: 18 Dec 2001 11:03PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2005 12:02AM GMT
Hi Ron,
I would like to research this a little more you might be on to something and I can find no one else from the area who has anything else to say on the subject of Dempsey Thompson. Dempsey D. Thompson was born in possibly
1820 -1826?? His children were James ,Frances W., William, Dorcas Elizabeth, and Dempsey D. I have found them on the 1860-1870 and 1880 censuses. He was born in either Tx or Tn according to the 1860 census but I haven't found him else where. How do those dates match with yours and what otherThompsons do you know of? I was excited by your response. Any Kenedy's in info?? D. Ochoa

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 1:36AM GMT
Gwendelyn,

Its been many years since I coresponded with you. I know a lot more now about Dempsey D. Thompson if you wish to compare notes. Please contact me at
cockyfox@sbcglobal.net

thanks,
Ron Thompson

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 9:32PM GMT
I have new information about Dempsey D. Thompson. Please contact me at cockyfox@sbcglobal.net.

Regards,
Ron Thompson

Posted: 6 Sep 2011 6:08PM GMT
It has been years since you posted this, but I have a LOT of information on Dempsey D. Thompson. He married Jane Kennedy in Lafayette Co., AR March 31, 1859. He then enlisted in the CSA Crawford's 1st/10th Arkansas Cavalry, Co. C there in 1863. He remained in AR until at least 1868 or 1869 where his third child was born. His last child (that I know of) is Dempsey D. Thompson (Jr.). He was born in Cass County, Texas (near the Caddo Parish line), and he ended up marrying Lola Hunt, the daughter of John Hunt and Nancy Elizabeth Thompson. In 1910 Dempsey's father "Dee" said to be 84 years old and widowed was living with him in Angelina County, Texas where he most likely died. Dempsey D. Thompson, Jr. born November 1, 1872 died in Angelina Co. TX in 1945. It names his father as Dempsey D. Thompson, Sr., but does not name his mother. Dempsey, Jr. is buried in Whitehouse Cemetery in Lufkin, Angelina Co., TX, and most likely his father is, too. I am from Lufkin, so I have been to the cemetery, but at the time was not aware of the Thompson family, other than Nancy E. Thompson who had married John Hunt (who are also buried there).

If anyone would like to write to me to learn more, you can contact me at nkuehl@yahoo.com - Dempsey D. Thompson was the son of Archibald Thompson and Nancy Illes and a brother to William Frederick Thompson, whose daughter Nancy married John Hunt.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic