Search for content in message boards

Anthony Information and Early Marriage marriage lookup

Anthony Information and Early Marriage marriage lookup

Posted: 10 May 2013 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anthony
I am looking for information on Mrs. Nancy Anthony found on the 1820 Census in Person County, North Carolina. According to later census records, Nancy was born in 1777 in Virginia, was raising her two boys, Amzi and Hosea, and a daughter alone. She lived with Amzi Anthony until she died in Coffee County, Tennessee in 1870. She migrated to Tennessee sometime between 1820 and 1830, as I believe she is in Amzi's household on the 1830 Lincoln County, Tennessee.

Any information from Person County would be appreciated. I am especially interested in a marriage record there before 1809.

Thanks, Jeannette

Re: Anthony Information and Early Marriage marriage lookup

Posted: 11 May 2013 9:56PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2013 9:56PM GMT
Hi.
There were no ANTHONY Marriages in Person County at all. As a matter of fact, 1820 was the one and only time there were any ANTHONYs in the Person Co. Census until the year 1900; MRS. NANCY ANTHONY was the only one in 1820, although she was listed twice for some reason, apparently in different parts of Person Co. I notice in the Census there were a few ANTHONY families in Caswell and Orange Counties, two nearby Counties, perhaps she had lived in one of those before coming to Person. Also, since she was showing as born in VA, it is likely that she came from one of the nearby border Counties in Virginia, and perhaps she was even married in that State, too. You may need to do some further research in each of those locations to find out where she may have come from.

Deloris Williams

Re: Anthony Information and Early Marriage marriage lookup

Posted: 13 May 2013 5:44PM GMT
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I do need to look further into the neighboring counties.

Thanks again.
Jeannette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic