Search for content in message boards

sjoberg/sjoborg/seaberg

sjoberg/sjoborg/seaberg

Lynn Seaberg (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: sjoberg, sjoborg, seaberg, nelson, nielson
Hi
We are looking for sjoberg or sjoborg. Our grandfather immigrated here and then changed it to seaberg and we are not sure of which spelling. All we know is his name was andrew J and he married a sophia carolina nelson or nielson. He immigrated in 1890 and she in 1889. Their sons names were William R, John A Oscar W and then Geirge a They had 4 sons. The last one born in 1915 when Andrew was 49. They lived in everret washington at time of death Thank You for any info one might have Lynn Seaberg ahoylynn@jps.net

sjoborg

Lynn Seaberg (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi
I have found out there are many seabergs. I do no think the one you are talking about are the same one I am looking for but if you find out anything interesting let me know and I will let you know if I do. My husband whose name is John Seaberg cam from a family of 2 boys and 1 girl. His father came from a family of 4 boys all ended up in the everett washington area. His dad father or his grandfather Andrew ( which I have found 2 andrews now close in age) came here from sweden and his mom sophia carolina nielsen came from sweden to this is all I know right now sincerely Lynn

Sjoborg/Sjoberg

Tracy Seaberg (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi. My greatgrandfather was John Seaberg, born Nov. 1883 died April 1955. I am unsure of his father which immigrated from Sweden also. He also changed the name and I too am searching for the correct spelling. His son, my grandfather, Paul Daniel, born Nov. 1920 still with us, has Sweden documents somewhere in his attic. I am encouraging him to locate them. I have a black and white picture of John Seaberg, from the early 1900's. As my search continues, I will share my info.

Seaberg/Sjoberg

Krista Hale (Seaberg) (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Seaberg, Sjoberg, Sjoborg

Tracy,
My great grandparents imigrated from sweden with the same story. I don't remember their names but their son, my grandfather, name is Walter Eric Seaberg. The reason I am responding is the my brother's name is Jon Eric Seaberg similar to your grat granfather's name. In our family, the name eric and erik is passes along.

Re: sjoborg/seaberg

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 1:36AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2001 4:45PM GMT
Surnames: Sjoberg
I am looking for Edward A. Seaberg (Sjoberg) who lived in the Seattle area in the late 1800's and died in Puyallup. He was married to Nellie Rollins of Washington State. Have you come across his name? He's know to be an original founder of the Swedish Club in Seattle. Thanks!

Re: Sjöborg / Sjöberg / Seaburg / Seaberg

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 4:02PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Sjöborg / Sjöberg / Seaburg / Seaberg
Dear Lynn:

My G. Grandfather was also named John Seaburg <Citizen ship papers stata the name "John Sjoborg". Below I listed some inforamtion that may help us determine if these two men were the same person. I would be interested in seeing the photo you have as I too have photos. Please keep me informed, my e-mail address is locatesd @ the bottom of this page
- Cynthia Way
Sjöborg / Sjöberg / Seaburg / Seaberg
de la Gardie

I am desperately looking for the link from America to Sweden.

SWEDEN:
My Great Great Grandfather was:
Johan Sjöborg (Count of Läcko, Sverige) a/k/a John Seaburg
B: EST 1840-1853 D: Cir 1933
M: Wife's Name is Unknown
Children (9):
NOTE: S) = Son or Male D) = Daughter or Female
NOTE: children may not be listed in correct order of age
S) Johan Emanuel II Sjöborg ****See below for that line
S) Arvid
D) Edith a/k/a Eddie M: Mr. Berger
D) Gerda
D) Blanch M: Mr. Johnson
D) Clara
D) Martha Elisabeth B: 4/18/1890
D: 2/23/1990-91?
D) Hulda M: Mr. Beerman
S) Otto Occupation: Carpenter
D: Cir 1958 M: Frida

AMERICA:
My Great Grandparents and their descendent
(Count of Läcko, Sverige)
****Johan Emanuel II Sjöborg de la Gardie a/k/a Jon, Chas. Siborg, John
B: 05/02/1872 - Engelholm, Sweeden
D: 07/12/1964 - Sacramento CA
Arrived in America 10/06/1905, became a US Citizen in 4/23/1906. He changed the spelling of his name to Seaburg.
M: Jennie Elinora Norin
a/k/a Ellen Elinor Nori
* S/B a direct daughter of Engelbrecht of Dalarna Mora, Sweeden. I haven't made the link yet.
** Also looking for info on her ancestors.
B: 09/05/1886 - Arbra, Sweeden
D: 10/1918

Children (4):

S) Einar Emanuel Seaburg
B: 7/11/1913, USA-AZ
D: 08/1992
S) John Norin Seaburg a/k/a Herb or Herbert
B: 11/17/1914, USA-OR
D: 03/03/1995
S) Roy Charles Seaburg
B: 1915
D: Recent (past 10 years)
D) Eleanor Elizabeth
B: 09/13/1918
LIVING
(NOTE: My Great Grandmother Jennie died from the Spanish Flu and my Great Grandfather could not afford to take care of everyone. Eleanor Elizabeth was adopted by the Thompson's shortly after 10/1918)

Can any one help????

My E-Mail address: pedi@bellsouth.com

lynn (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2001 9:41PM GMT
Surnames: Seaberg/ Sjorberg/Sjorborg
My husbands name is John His father was George Andrew Seaberg born in Dec 1915. He had 3 brothers One was Oscar Seaberg whod died in everrett Washington in the 8o's The other 2 brothers were John A and William R I think William was born in 1895 and John A in either 1893 or 1898 I can not dtermine on the census of 1910 whether he was 17 or 12. I think it is 1983 though. William also died in washington.
Their parents(my husbands are the ones who immigrated from sweden. Their names were Andrew Seaberg and Sophia Carolina Seaberg Before she married her name was eithe3 Nelson or Nielson. They had my husband dad George really late in life Andrew was 49 and Sophia was 44.
I have a passenger record for a Andrew Sjorberg from Liverpool is where his ship oroiginated. So although he was swedish it does not tell me where he came from before that. If it him he came over on the Etruria. There is another Andrew Sjorberg in another census and close to the same age. This Andrew Seaberg middle initial on the census appears to be a g but it is hard to tell.. In 1919 census and for a long time after that they live at 1235 Grand or 2506 Grand in Everret Washington. The 3 older boys Oxcar John and William I believe might have been born in Conneticut. Our name is Seaberg with an e not a u

Cynthia Way (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 2:44AM GMT
Dear Lynn:

Thanks for replying, although it does not appear that we are related, at least not at this link. Who knows, maybe further back, or maybe even these people where acquaintenances or friends and this is where my G. Grandfather got the idea for his name.
If I find in my searches any more on your ancestors I will forward the information.

Sincerely
Cynthia

Re: Sjoborg/Sjoberg

Ulla Kilström (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 6:22PM GMT
I´m replying beacours a family in my ancestor tree went to the US 1885. The parents in the family was Eric Sjöberg born 1841-05-20 and his wife Lovisa born (Rahm) 1844-04-03. Their chlidren was (when they went) Jonas Wilhelm born 1870-04-06, Carl Eric born 1871-12-14, Gustaf Heribert 1876-09-19 and Oscar Engelbrekt 1880-11-07. that´s about all that I know and if this might be a conection with your family I would be greatful to know about it.

Posted: 11 Apr 2002 10:50PM GMT
Surnames: Seaberg
Hello, my name is sonja Gorman Moore, My Mother Is named Joan Seaberg Serfass Her Father Is George Seaberg, I think I know Who This Is But I am Not For sure? Is This You Aunt Lynn? My Great Grandparents are Andrew and Sophia Seaberg.If this is aunt lynn get back in touch with me i have some data on the Efaw side back to 1765.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions