Search for content in message boards

Raney, Riney Daviess County, IN

Raney, Riney Daviess County, IN

Posted: 3 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: RANEY, RINEY, SHEEHAN, SHEHAN, MOORE, CURTSINGER, MERRYWEATHER, TEWELL, CROOKS, O'NEAL, BECK, HOLLAND, ARVIN, SIEFERT, GOOTEE, JOHNSON, BRADLEY, MOLLOY, MCCORD, MCATEE, LENTS, BREWER, NOLEN, CLARK
MY LINE IN CAPITAL LETTERS, MARILYN:
I.JEREMIAH RANEY b.1757? Charles Co, MD. d.1840? Daniel Brooks chptr DAR dedicated tombstone St.Rose Cem, Martin Co, IN. Sgt in Rev. War was questioned and line was closed. 1st wife died, no children.
m. Mary Joan (Polly Sheehan Moore) b.1765? Galway, Ire.
came to US age 5. m.12-23-1797? in Wash.Co, KY. d.1845. Widow prev. married to Col.Alexander Moore. Polly left 3 or 4 grown children in Pleasanton, KY. Moved to Mt. Pleasant, Martin Co, IN l8l8. Polly's mother went to IN and m. Thomas Rosche. (Was John Shehan a brother to Mary Joan? He m. Rebecca Beall 5-22-1794 and lived in Maud, KY)
Children: A)Alexander Moore m. Nancy Curtsinger
B)Juliet Moore m. Merryweather
C)Martha Moore
{C.1) Mary E. Moore Weather?? Is this Merryweather?}
D)Elizabeth Hester Raney m. James Andrew Crooks
E)Sarah Ann Matilda Raney m. Charles Tewell
F)John Felix Raney m. Mary O'Neal
G)COL. JAMES VIRGIL RANEY m. MARY HELEN HOLLAND
H)Jonathan Raney m. Patsy Beck
I)Alexander Raney

G) COLONEL JAMES VIRGIL RANEY b.4-4-1809 Wash.Co.Ky
To Martin Co, IN age 9, 1818. Both bur St Rose,MartinCo
(Col. Mex War and Recruiter in Civil War) d.9-21-1881.
(Built the Fred Raney house in 1840 Indiana? John Raney
farm. All bricks made by hand.)
m. Mary Helen (Holland), Galway Co.Clare,Ire.
b.7-22-1820 d.4-22-1891 m.10-15-1839 Daviess Co
Children:1)Francis Frank m. Sabrina Hill
2)Jeremiah Jerry m. Elizabeth Arvin
3)Mary Raney d. infancy
4)Johanna Minnie m. Charles M. Gootee
5)JOHN ALLEN RANEY m. MARTHA JANE JOHNSON
6)Alexander Raney d. age 11
7)Thomas J. m. Jennie Siefert
8,9)unnamed twins

5)JOHN ALLEN RANEY b.2-29-1848 d.4-11-1929 m.1871
m. Martha Jane (Mattie) Johnson b.7-11-1851 d.9-8-1933
b. Isle of Wight grew up in Epsworth England.
He was a buyer and shipper of stock to Cincinnati also
a schoolteacher.
(Martha daughter of Henry and Lucy (Kyle) Johnson who
lived at Mt.Pleasant Loogootee, IN. They also had Clara, Ophia and Raymond Johnson.)
Children i) Henry Raney d. age 16
ii)Francis Eugene Frank Raney m. Ruth Eileen Nellie Gootee (some of their children b. in Daviess Co. IN)
iii)Arthur Vincent Raney d. age 15
iv)Clara Magdalen Raney m. Louis Bradley
v)Virgil James m. Bridget F. Malloy
vi)HOMER THOMAS m. MARY DOT MCCORD
vii)Alma Victoria Raney m. Ambrose J. Burch m. J. Francis Frank McAtee m. Harry Stevenson
viii) Bertha Genevieve Raney m. Ownes Ralph Lents
ix)Frederick Walter Raney m. Catherine L. Brewer
x) Carl Bernard Buck Raney m. Clara Elizabeth Nolen
xi) John Russel Raney m. Lyona Smith Clark

Jennie Siefert

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2002 1:15PM GMT
Surnames: Siefert, Seifert
Hello,
Interested in knowing if Jennie Siefert is connected to Anthony Siefert born 1825 Schorbach Germany or France. He came to the USA in the Early 1840's sooner or later? Settled in Dearborn County, Dover Indiana. He had 10 children, 9 boys and 1 girl. He married Fronecke Veronica Wilhelm in 1885 in Franklin County Indiana (Cedar Grove. This is where they lived until their deaths. Looking for any clues as to who his parents were or siblings. Thanks
Greg Siefert

Raney Riney Seifert Siefert

Posted: 1 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Raney, Sause, Conlon, McCord, Carrico, Johnson, Bradley, O'Connor, Downey
Please let me know if there is a connection, or if anyone has corrections or additions.

9) Thomas J. Raney b.11-24-1855 52? Mt.Pleasant Pennyville
d.11-21-1898 (1929?) bur Spring Hills Cem. Shoals, IN 2 sons, 2 daughters, 2 un-named twins. m. Jennie (Siefert) Sefrit? m.1-21-1877. 2nd m. Mary Leah (Wainman) m.6-19-1889
i) Mary Esther (Essie Raney) (Jennie’s) m. Alfred Carrico
A)L. Joseph Raney Carrico
B)Helen Carrico
ii) Ernest Raney (Jennie’s)
iii) Doyle Raney (Mary Leah’s son)

I have some additonal information at home, will send that tomorrow.
Franklin Co and Dearborn Co are in the SE corner of Indiana and Daviess and Martin Co are in the SW, but I am always amazed at their Westward travel in those days. Thomas Raney was a brother of my great grandfather John Allen Raney m. Martha J. (Johnson).
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2003 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Raney
Brad, see Raney Family Tree. That is all of the information I have at present.Joe

Raney

Brad Livermore (View posts)
Surnames: Raney, Rainey

Do you have in info on the Raney's in Daviess County, IN?
Edited: 24 Sep 2001 5:23PM GMT
I too am looking for the Carrico's but having a hard time. I do know the Raney's were related to them and also Raney's were related to the Gootee's from Daviess County. If I find anything in my search I will try to get in touch with you. Thanks. Louise
My Great Grandmother was Louise Raney and was married to Oliver Brothers. Their daughter Florence Caroline married my Grandfather George Walter Norris and they were from either Daviess or Martin County area. I am trying to find a connection between my gggrandmother and the Carrico's. do you have information that would tie this together. Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
I don't know that there is a family tree as such. I would check "gen forum" and see if there is anything on it. Have you checked with any of the churchs in Daviess or Martin Counties to see if they have any history on there past parshioners. I do not know of a family tree as such. Sorry to mislead you. Joe
Marilyn, The only information I have is that my Great Grandmother was Louise Raney and she married Oliver Brothers.Florence Caroline Brothers was my Grandmother who was married to George Walter Norris.George was the son of George Elias Norris who was married to Julia Ann Kidwell. They were in Daviess County and Martin County. Hopes this helps some. I am still researching the Raney side and the Brothers side. Joe Bridgewater

Raney family tree

Surnames: Raney, Riney, McCord, Carrico, Sause, Bradley, Downey
Joe:
Where is this Raney Family tree that you mentioned?
Thanks Marilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions