Search for content in message boards

Parents and Family of Alston Claude HANRAHAN - b 1928 in Wiluna, Western Australia

Parents and Family of Alston Claude HANRAHAN - b 1928 in Wiluna, Western Australia

Posted: 21 Jan 2008 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2009 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: Hanrahan, Merrey
Hi,
I'm looking for anyone who might have some information on the parents and family of Alston Claude Hanrahan, he was born 1928 in Wiluna, Western Australia. He married Phyllis Elizabeth Merrey and together they had several children, one of whom was Joseph Grant Hanrahan (b.1961 d. 1991). Regards,
Stacey

Re: Alston Claude HANRAHAN

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: Hanrahan
Hello Stacey.

this is Leah Hanrahan. i am the daughter of Mark Hanrahan. Who's father is Alston Claude HANRAHAN.

how do you know Grant and Alston?

Please respond ASAP.
im curious to find out if you are related or not.

im aware you only check your mail once a week. so can you please provide sufficient information as my family and I are Wondering how you know these people.

Thanks.

Leah.

Posted: 30 Mar 2008 8:46AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2009 6:43PM GMT
im really hoping you reply soon.

would be great to find out what else you know. as i dont know much myself. =]

talk soon

Posted: 12 Jan 2009 1:48PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2009 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hanrahan, Lakeman
Hi Stacey,

I have just been researching my husbands family tree and have come across a connection with your Alston Claude. My husband Kim, was adopted by Thelma Dorothy Lakeman (nee Hanrahan)with Wiluna connections. Thelma is deceased but I know of a sister Olive still living. We have been wondering what the Hanrahans connection to Wiluna is. I found Ola Hanrahan's headstone in the Wiluna Cemetry site and it lists the names of her children.

Regards

Kylie

Posted: 16 Jan 2009 10:05AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2009 6:45PM GMT
Leah,
Grant is/was my husband Rhyce's father. Making Alston his grandfather. I believe he attended both his and Phyllis' funerals along with his mother Leanne.

Rhyce and I married in September 2006. We have three children, Alexander who is 3, Lilia who is 15 months and Caleb who is 3 months.

I'd be very interested in hearing more from you in regards to that side of my husband's family. I'd like to have some knowledge of the family tree to pass onto Rhyce's and my children.

Regards,
Stacey

Posted: 20 Jan 2009 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2009 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Hanrahan, Towl, Lakeman
Hi Stacey,

My husband and I were in Perth on the weekend and visited Aunty Olive Towl (nee Hanrahan)she is Alston Hanrahan's sister and the last remaining member of that generation. I think I have worked out that Grant and Mark Hanrahan are my husbands 1st cousins. Kim's family refer to Alston as Uncle Bull (a nickname from what I gather). Thelma Lakeman (nee Hanrahan) died on 13 January 1971. There was also a sister called Barbara. Barbara moved to Perenjori/Caron and Thelma also came to this area meeting and marrying Harold (Hal Lakeman) Not sure when Barbara died. I told Olive that we had come across your messages on the net and she was very curious as to how you were related.

If you come across any more info that you think might help our family tree please let me know. I am curious as to what the Hanrahan's did at Wiluna.

Best wishes

Kylie

Posted: 20 Jan 2009 10:32PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2009 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: Hanrahan, McIntosh
I don't have any information as to the Wiluna connection. I barely know much myself. The Hanrahan's are my husband's biological family. His mum married a McIntosh and my husband took his stepfather's surname.

Posted: 27 Jan 2009 12:50PM GMT
Hi Stacey

Thanks for the reply. If I find out anything more that I think you may be interested in about the Hanrahan's I will let you know. If you find out anything that you think might interest Kim and myself I would appreciate the same. Kim was quite young when his Mum (Thelma) died so doesn't know that much about her side of the family.

Best wishes

Kylie

Re: Parents and Family of Alston Claude HANRAHAN - b 1928 in Wiluna, Western Australia

Posted: 13 Apr 2011 10:22AM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2011 5:33AM GMT
Hello Stacey Katie and Kylie,

My mother (Barbara Decd 2003)was one of Alston's Claude Hanrahan's sisters. I have researched the Hanrahans and off shoots family's for some years. I would be happy to provide historic family research information, if you are still interested.

Kind Regards
Cat

Re: Parents and Family of Alston Claude HANRAHAN - b 1928 in Wiluna, Western Australia

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 3:52AM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2012 12:27AM GMT
Hello all
Just found your letters re Alston. He was my cousin! My father was Walter Hanrahan, who was Alston's uncle. My grandfather was John Canal Hanrahan born 26 March 1878, died 2 May 1957.
I have been doing the family tree for many many years but in recent years have slowed down! Age??
It has been difficult to find anything from Ireland, but I know gt grandfather Patrick was born in Kilshanny, County Clare about 1824.
Maybe someone knows a little more.
Kind regards
Fran
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions