Search for content in message boards

Location of Hornbach, Germany

Location of Hornbach, Germany

Violet M. Betz (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2005 8:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2005 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: Strembel
Can anyone please tell me where the town of Hornbach, Pfalz, Bayern is located. I can't seem to find it on present day maps of Germany. Does it even exist anymore? Bayern was formerly Bavaria, I believe. Also does the Evangelisch-Reformierte church still exist in Hornbach or has the name changed? Thank you, Violet Betz

Re: location of Hornbach, Germany

Posted: 10 Sep 2005 11:29PM GMT
The web page of Hornbach: http://www.meinestadt.de/hornbach/home

Hornbach is in Pfalz (Palatinate). Today, this area is part of the German state of Rheinland-Pfalz, but for most of the 19th century and first half of the 20th, it belonged to the kingdom of Bavaria (Bayern).

You need to move your search to another board, because this is the board for Austria. You need to find experts on Bavaria and the Palatinate (Pfalz).

Re:Strembel in Hornbach, Germany

Posted: 11 Sep 2005 1:15PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Violet

A phone listing for STREMBEL Hermann in Hornbach.
www.dastelefonbuch.de
I do not know if this is your ancestral village but when I put the surname Strembel and a town Hornbach Pfalz that is the listing I got.
I have e-mailed you off the board. Hope you received the e-mail.

Re: Location of Hornbach, Germany

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 1:03PM GMT

Volet M. Betz (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2005 3:40PM GMT
To: Tilman, Thanks you for moving that thresd. I'm still not sure just exactly what all these terms mean as you can see I am still new at this. And, yes, thank you, I have had several very helpful replies. Maybe eventually I will find those elusive immigration records for this family. Thanks again for your good wishes. Violet

Posted: 14 Oct 2005 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2006 2:11AM GMT
Hornbach is a very small village south of the city of Zweibruecken along the B424 street. It is very close to the French Border.

violet M. Betz (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2005 7:21PM GMT
To Gunter Schanzenbacher:
Thank you for your reply about the location of Hornbach, Germany. That is an old message and another has answered also. I notice there is a lot of messages on there posted by me as well as answers. They should not be on there but I do not know how to remove them. I feel they are cluttering up the message board and if you or anyone else reading this knows how it is done I would like to know so I can clean house, so to speak. Thank you, Violet M. Betz

Posted: 14 Oct 2005 7:26PM GMT
Please will anyone out there who knows how to remove unwanted messages from this message board let me know how it is done. I would like to "clean house". Thank you,
Violet M. Betz

Posted: 18 Oct 2005 7:29PM GMT
To Tilamn Beandl:
Thanks for all your help. I think you can help me with one more thing. I tried as you suggested keeping messages in a thread. I did not know about that before and it makes sense.
In checking messages I notice there are a number on the Austrian Board that should not be there (old ones-no longer needed) Could you tell me how I can remove them--clean house so to speak? About 40 are cluttering the board. I don't remember reading anything about how to use the message Board so it was not clear to me.
Thank you, Violet M. Betz

Posted: 19 Oct 2005 9:35PM GMT
Hello Violet,

> ... Could you tell me how I can remove them--clean house so to speak?

In general the admin or helpdesk can delete messages at the request of the poster. I have answered this question specifically in a private email.

Regards
Tilman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions